I give up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I give up!

The answer to all your computer problem, LOL..... 100 per cent noted to give you peace of mind and no more computer issues. On the other hand,... I rather practice patience. Give Bob a PM ....about your issues is the softer easier way.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TreeWizard View Post
      When I change to a different sub forum and try to view an image I\\\'m told that I\\\'m not logged in.

Since I logged in when I came to the site why do I have to continue to log in to view images when I change sub forums?
      I noticed that on occasion with the previous version forum also . I did think at that time, and still, that it might be related to backspacing out of the area before going to another area, it backspaces the logged in also. that seemed about right at the time for what I was experiencing. and going to a post direct from an email notification did and does that too. logged in for the particular post\'s link but not the entire forum. I don\'t think that is a new glitch.
      Denny

photos at........ http://wiscoden.jimdo.com/

Comment

Originally posted by pallin View Post
        Steev - When I attempt a simple search of a forum, it says \\\"You have to wait 30 seconds between searches on this forum. . .\\\" I had no prior search. If I attempt an advanced search, I get a blank page with no message.
        What are you searching for? If it is new posts or todays posts, the workaround is to go to the forum home and scan the last post times for each category. It is pretty easy to use the forum that way.

Comment

I came to ask about the search function. Glad to see I\'m not alone in that it doesn\'t work. It\'s just too hard to use this forum without it…will someone please post on the FB page when it\'s fixed? Thanks! I was trying to search for any discussion about Dockyard closing, but I won\'t search through each thread looking for it...

Comment

This forum is of little value if we only have access to current posts.

Comment

I too cannot use the site anymore,I mostly use androids now for my web surfing and this site is useless now ,I can\'t open any attachments. I know it\'s not so but as a subscriber to wci I feel this forum is part of what I paid for and I\'m getting really po\'d its not getting fixed. We are working on it isn\'t a measurable goal.

Comment

I, too am on the verge of giving up. Every time I visit the forum, I run into glitches - often not being able to view photos. It\'s a real shame that this has happened to a great forum.

I\'ve seen similar problems that take many months (years?) to iron out. I believe that forum developers try to provide way too much eye candy and exploit the latest technology, and the more of this I see, the more problems seem to go with it. A forum\'s primary purpose should be to share information.

Comment

Everytime,... I come here I got issues to the site, not easy to do..... but I will tell you one thing. I am in the middle of major issues and problems with new equipment....and there are people who are helping me on this forum with PMs and etc right now. If this forum was not here then I would not be getting help at all. An the equipment which has no manuals would be sitting there.

This is a forum that I come to every time I have a problem and there are people who can answer most of my badly need answers. This function works right now. I would be really PO if it was stopped because of people complaining about not be able to see pictures. I came to this forum as a beginner and the people here help me go all the way into professional....the people here made the difference. People sharing with people that is what it is all about.....

This site has major issues.....and it is not up and running....and our need for instant perfection is getting people ruffled. I understand your pain, .... but I hate when the complaints destroy great things and forums which they have in the past. All it takes is a few people to make what was once good into I give up.... bad and lost.

I need this site for information, wood carving is a life time of learning new things....and I need people to help me. Which mind you is still here and people are helping me right now major!!!!. Wood carving is profession for me, which I take very serious....wood carving people are the best kind of people I know. The site is half way down.... so what? Because if you ever need real help where are you going to go? where am I going to go?

Want to see thousand of pictures from wood carvers all over world....all you have to do is join me on face book....we have the world famous to hobbyist.... over 8,000 wood carvers are sharing their work. Sorry but I think people are making it hard for Bob, when they should be PM him about each issue so he can work on solutions.

Comment

Thank you, Dileon. There are no other wood carvers in my village. This WCI place has taught me so much in the past, the present and, I expect, in the future.

I like to share it all. Just hope that what I offer is positive in that it speeds up anybody else\'s learning.

I can be an extremely patient man for things that I need really badly.
                    Brian T

Comment

The nearest carving club to me is about 125 miles away. It\'s not possible for me to go because it\'s a 2 1/2 hour drive over winding hilly roads. Plus i don\'t get to go much out of town because of finances.
                      This site is my carving club.
                      I\'m thankful for this place. When I was a kid, we didn\'t have internet.
                      Had to know the right people, go to the library or write old fashioned letters to get info.
                      I know there\'s other carvers in my area, but i don\'t know any personally.
                      This site is free. It might have it\'s problems right now, but I myself can always count on someone trying to help me out.
                      Thank you BobD, the rest of the staff and all the friendly folks that come on here for helping me out in whatever way they can.

I ain\'t going to b*tch about it.
                      My ETSY shop:
                      https://www.etsy.com/shop/WoodforddellDesigns

Comment

Another thing, my subscription ran out to the magazine a while back because we were to blanking broke back then for me to renew it.
                        But I can still come here for free!
                        My ETSY shop:
                        https://www.etsy.com/shop/WoodforddellDesigns

Comment

There are other carving site out there···but, even with all the problems the IT people are having, This is still the first site I check out each day. I agree with what Di & Brian have to say and will second their opinions . . .JoeB
                          . . .JoeB

Comment

You hit another home run Di. I am beginning to like you. LOL
                            Some people like to moan and groan.
                            Bill K.
                            Every day should be unwrapped like a precious gift.

Comment

What happened to the chip carving/relief carving board, and why can\'t I start a new thread anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
                                What happened to the chip carving/relief carving board, and why can\\\'t I start a new thread anywhere?
                                Check you are logged into the forum, not just on the webpage.
                                You start a new post by going to the section you want to post in, clicking on the Thread Tools drop-down and selecting start new post.
                                Chip and Relief carving should be between Holiday and Power carving sections. If you do not see it there, send a message to BobD, he has a fix for the problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X