I give up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I give up!

Both Phil and I had the same issue with the Relief not showing up, it seems that Bob has to add you to a list.. PM him and he will fix the issue.

Comment

Scottie, you\'re all set now.

Bob`

Comment

I for one am happy, when things did not work I remembered when there was no forums. I spent my time working on projects and planning new things to do. The few snags in the new forum were just a few bumps in the road.

Comment

BobD and the IT gang:
          I suspect that you guys are busier that 1-armed paper-hangers. Allow me to turn the table = what can we do to speed up the rebuilding of this place?
          If that\'s what it takes, I\'m in this for the long haul. I have learned so much, searched for so much more, the acceleration had been a real rip tide. I am grateful for your help in my carving club of one (and I don\'t always show up for meetings.)
          Brian T

Comment

I\'m with Brian, if there is anything we can do just aswk . . .JoeB
            . . .JoeB

Comment

I can\'t offer any computer help but today I renewed my subscription !

Comment

I’m optimistic, I see great potential with this new site when all is fixed. WCI will be able to update and create more interaction between the internet world and their magazines. I’m sure that will increase subscriptions and book sales.
                When the site becomes strong and sturdy, I can see stronger connections leading to the growth of WCI .
                Google searches lead here, a lot of pinterest pins come from here, soon Flickr will, the future contests will be big and could be tied to forum and social media. WCI woodworking and carving show will get bigger and bigger if they want and have it intertwined with carving competition and everything.
                Advertisers would be foolish not to seek out WCI.
                Greg

Comment

I\'d like to apply a lesson in \"regulation\" to the hackers. You won\'t hear a sound. I won\'t hardly even smile.

In the meantime, should we begin to re-populate this place with illustrations of past works/threads?
                  BobD, when he gets a precious minute, might be able to direct us all in the rebuild.
                  Brian T

Comment

Sorry Gang,
                    I\'ve been swamped with other work (Open House, anyone?!?).

I\'m working directly with the IT guy who kept the site running while we were working on the new site; he\'s got a lot of knowledge specifically about VBulletin (where our other IT guys were more overall web knowledge). He\'s working directly with the software company to solve the attachment and search problems (and the backslash apostrophe issues). After we get that taken care of, I\'ll ask him to look into importing the attachments from the old database.

In the mean time, we\'re really having problems importing the attachments from the old site to the new site. Once we get the current attachments squared around, I’ve changed the settings so you can edit and re-upload attachments to your own threads (if you still have the photos). Hopefully that will help folks out until we can work out a method to import the attachments.

Bob

Comment

Thanks for all the hard work Bob! At least now it doesn\'t tell me I\'m forbidden forever! And I can once more access the Relief and Chip Carving Thread. Steve
                      Steve Reed - Carvin' in the flatlands!
                      My FB page:https://www.facebook.com/stephen.ree...7196480&type=3

Comment

Originally posted by BobD View Post
                        Sorry Gang,
                        I\\\'ve been swamped with other work (Open House, anyone?!?).

I\\\'m working directly with the IT guy who kept the site running while we were working on the new site; he\\\'s got a lot of knowledge specifically about VBulletin (where our other IT guys were more overall web knowledge). He\\\'s working directly with the software company to solve the attachment and search problems (and the backslash apostrophe issues). After we get that taken care of, I\\\'ll ask him to look into importing the attachments from the old database.

In the mean time, we\\\'re really having problems importing the attachments from the old site to the new site. Once we get the current attachments squared around, I’ve changed the settings so you can edit and re-upload attachments to your own threads (if you still have the photos). Hopefully that will help folks out until we can work out a method to import the attachments.

Bob
                        Thanks for the update Bob. Once this place is humming along again, this rough patch will be nothing but a fading memory.
                        Terry

Comment

As the others indicated, this new site is frustrating. There does not appear to be many individuals following the forum, the photo gallery is very difficult to navigate. The hash-marks are a hoot yet again frustrating. The biggest problem is that there guys/gals are no longer posting much here. I have gone to only looking at the site once or twice a week and don\'t seem to miss much.

I understand your difficulties. Keep on working at it. Build it and they will come.

Bob

Comment

It might be compounded with most of the membership being in North America where it is either early spring (up here) or early summer, down south. I\'d rather be outside, even if I can expect frosty nights until the end of May or early June.
                            Brian T

Comment

I was out in a t-shirt planting a cedar hedge today. After 3 months of sub-freezing temperatures there was no way I\'d be inside staring at a computer with weather like that.

Comment

No way I want to be on the computer much either.
                                It\'s spring at our place! We had some very much needed rain about a week ago here. Hope to get more rain.
                                I\'ve been pulling weeds like crazy.
                                I discovered we have all kinds of strawberries coming on and the raspberries are blooming. Looks like we may have a decent crop of blueberries, apples and cherries this year.
                                I\'ve been filling our hothouse with tomatoes and peppers I started from saved seeds from last years crop in and Jan. and Feb. Lots of them with buds.
                                Life is great outside in the fresh air!
                                My ETSY shop:
                                https://www.etsy.com/shop/WoodforddellDesigns

Comment

Working...
                                X