Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andi
    replied
    This was a turned hollow form made from Ash, then carved.

Leave a comment:

• Mike WNC
    replied
    You’re welcome Andi! Please tell us about the carving in your photo. It’s beautiful. Did you carve it from one block of wood?

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Andi
    replied
    It worked!!! Thank you Mike!

Leave a comment:

• Andi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mike WNC
    replied
    Hi Andi, and welcome to the forum!
    I may be able to help with posting from the iPhone since I mostly post from an iPad, same OS.

Log in to your account here at the forum. Start a "New Topic" or post a reply to an existing topic. Use the button below where you type in your text that says “Upload Attachment”. If you took your photo with your iPhone it will be in your photo library, select that option, find your photo, click on the photo, click on done, viola.
    The last step is to insert the upload into your post. Select the size, medium works well, and your photo will be added to your post.

Give it a test try, let us know if it works..
    We're all looking forward to seeing your "power" carvings!

78647365-8CF7-424B-9B4E-32FB2B649C7F.jpeg

Mike
    Last edited by Mike WNC; 01-14-2020, 06:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Andi
    replied
    How do I post photos? I don’t have a PC,just iPhone.

Leave a comment:

• Eddy-Smiles
    replied
    Originally posted by Andi View Post
    I’m looking forward to participating in this forum, I really enjoy carving and seeing others work.

I mainly power carve, but do carve “properly” from time to time.
    Andi.... Carving is like the martial arts. There's no fair or proper way. The proof is in the pudding! I know if very few carvers which have not used hand tools to supplement their power carving or vice versa.

Leave a comment:

• JJF
    replied
    Welcome to the forums

Leave a comment:

• Arthur C.
    replied
    Originally posted by Andi View Post
    I’m looking forward to participating in this forum, I really enjoy carving and seeing others work.

I mainly power carve, but do carve “properly” from time to time.
    Welcome Andi! We carve properly here, but quite often improperly, too...but it's all good, so jump in and join the fun!

Leave a comment:

• Andi
    replied
    Thank you for the warm welcome

Leave a comment:

• Bob K.
    replied
    Welcome to the forums, Andi!

Leave a comment:

• Claude
    replied
    Welcome to the forums, Andi! Power carving is a "proper" form of carving! We'd love to see some photos of your work.

Claude

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Not too nice of site, right. It is a very addictive place to hang out, be sure to ask your questions, will be waiting for some of your “properly”

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied
    Hello and welcome to the forum. There are a great group of carvers here on the forum. They always are willing to help however the can. If you go to the dark strip at the top of this page that says FAQ, click the woodcarverillustrated,com, it will take you to the WCI homepage. Click on (How To). You will find a lot of information. In the section (projects & pattern) there are14 pages of patterns and tutorials.

Leave a comment:

• woodburner807
    replied
    Welcome to a great forum with greater members. Search the forums or posts for answers to any questions you have. I don't power carve but several on here do. It seems most aspects of carving for members here. Mostly, have fun Andi.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X