• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood Show 2015

Bought my tickets today; we'll be there for both days. Mike
    Matthew

Re: Wood Show 2015

I ordered my tickets in February, but haven\'t gotten them yet. I just sent an email to customer service to make sure everything is OK. I\'m probably just impatient!
    This will be my 1st Open House. I also got a seat in the Rick Jensen class. I hope it isn\'t way over my head.
    Who is going to be at the Open House?
    If there is a way, it would be interesting to meet some of the folks from this forum...put a face to the name.
    I see on the scroll saw forum, somebody is putting together a get together dinner one evening. Is there any interest in something like that for the Carver group?

Jim

Comment

We are just starting to mail out the tickets to folks. But I am sure the customer service folks will tell you the same thing.

Bob

Comment

Thanks, Bob.
        I guess impatient it is!

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jimp View Post
          I ordered my tickets in February, but haven\\\\\\\'t gotten them yet. I just sent an email to customer service to make sure everything is OK. I\\\\\\\'m probably just impatient!
          This will be my 1st Open House. I also got a seat in the Rick Jensen class. I hope it isn\\\\\\\'t way over my head.
          Who is going to be at the Open House?
          If there is a way, it would be interesting to meet some of the folks from this forum...put a face to the name.
          I see on the scroll saw forum, somebody is putting together a get together dinner one evening. Is there any interest in something like that for the Carver group?

Jim
          I Jim. I\'ll be there all day Friday and early Saturday. We\'re driving in from Ohio Thursday evening. See you there. Mike Allen
          Matthew

Comment

Hi Mike,
            I am also heading out Thursday, but I am already in Western NY, so I have a bit of a head start on you! My wife still has to work, so I may head out in the morning and take a leisurely drive down since it will be just me and there is no deadline.
            I\'ll look for you. I think I met you once at a show that you were exhibiting at. You had your WCI name on your booth. Good Idea!

By the way...I got my ticket today in the mail.

Hopefully I will see you there!

Jim

Comment

First day done, another to go. Great seeing some old friends and attending really informative sessions. Looking forward to tomorrow. Mike
              Matthew

Comment

Thank you Fox Chapel Publishing staff, WCI, attendees and participants for the best ever Open House!

Tom H
                http://beginnerscarvingcorner.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thank you Fox Chapel Publishing and all the great instructors at the open house. It was my first, but definitely won\'t be my last. Had a great time and learned alot! THANKS

Robin

Comment

I also had a great time. It was such a long trip from California, but it was so worth it. I enjoyed both my classes very much and I met the coolest people! I am looking forward to next year and making plans already! It was truly a marvelous weekend!

Comment

It was my first open house,too. It was well worth the trip! I met some great folks and I think I was able to learn some stuff!
                      The carving seminars were fun and interesting and extremely educational.
                      I also took in some of the seminars not carving related. One turning and one scroll sawing. I think I may add to my list of hobbies!
                      The Rough-and-Tumble was also very interesting to see. I live on an old family farm (same family since mid 1800s). We still have a lot of the stuff around that I saw there which was pretty cool.
                      I was also fortunate enough to get a spot in the Rick Jensen class. I had a real good time there and learned a lot there, too. I was even lucky enough to win the Rick Jensen carving in class!We got a tour of the Fox Chapel facilities and got to meet the folks who produce our favorite publications.
                      BTW, Bob D has a TON on his plate! Hats off to him for keeping this forum running as well as it is and still doing the rest of his job! We are experiencing some growing pains for sure, but after meeting the folks down there at FC, I have no doubt that this forum will be everything it was and more.
                      All in all, I had a great time!
                      THANKS to all who made it possible!

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Urbaniak View Post
                        Thank you Fox Chapel Publishing and all the great instructors at the open house. It was my first, but definitely won\\\'t be my last. Had a great time and learned alot! THANKS

Robin
                        did you attent that event ? Sorry i\'m late and miss that chance

Comment

Working...
                        X