Clear All

• cb1959
    replied
    Did pretty good at the show with these. DSC05102.JPG

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Originally posted by cb1959 View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]n1090048[/ATTACH] I think the best part of carving is dreaming up a display and figuring how you can make it come about. Then when it turns out pretty good you feel the real accomplishment. I started 5 or 6 years ago trying to figure a design and how to make the parts looks good. The 2 flying scissertails was that project. Just 2 weeks ago I made a stab at putting the red bud, buds on with a few leaves. Finished it up and it turned out good, as they say a keeper. The slippers were another one. Now on to another project, hope it does not take 6 years to figure out.
    Congrate CB

Leave a comment:

• Donna_T
    replied
    AND, TA DA....his scissortails just won a blue and the red tailed hawk got blue and Chairman's choice award at the Woodcarvers of Northwest Arkansas show in Rogers this past weekend. Awesome carvings.
    Last edited by Donna_T; 09-15-2016, 07:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• cb1959
    replied
    image_4472.jpg I think the best part of carving is dreaming up a display and figuring how you can make it come about. Then when it turns out pretty good you feel the real accomplishment. I started 5 or 6 years ago trying to figure a design and how to make the parts looks good. The 2 flying scissertails was that project. Just 2 weeks ago I made a stab at putting the red bud, buds on with a few leaves. Finished it up and it turned out good, as they say a keeper. The slippers were another one. Now on to another project, hope it does not take 6 years to figure out.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cb1959; 09-08-2016, 09:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Thanks for the outstanding post

Leave a comment:

• GregGerard
    replied
    That's one to be proud of. Great job!

Leave a comment:

• cb1959
    replied
    DSC05053 (2).JPG Here is another version of scissortail and
    slipper.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Tinwood
    replied
    Wow!!

Tinwood

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    These are just great Charlie. The slippers, the posing, just put together superbly.
    . . . JoeB

Leave a comment:

• cb1959
    replied
    having problems getting pictures to load. DSC05043.JPG
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• cb1959
    replied
    OK, here are the sisters as promised. Frog, lizard and a dragonfly for company.
    Charlie
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• cb1959
    replied
    Paul & Donna, we can visit at the show and arrange something. I always enjoy sharing and the good gab sessions. See you at the show.
    Charlie

Leave a comment:

• Donna_T
    commented on 's reply
    Charles, having seen them firsthand, I know how cool they are and how much work you put into them. Great job!

• Donna_T
    commented on 's reply
    Paul, we should get together with Charles and have a habitat making session. He's a great teacher! I'll admit that soldering is one of my many weaknesses. See you in a couple of weeks!

• Dwight
    replied
    Great job... you never cease to amaze me with what you come up with. Love the colors as well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X