• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Tinwood
    SW Coast Ontario Can.

• Tinwood
    replied
    Well done Dwight, great that you were so successful. I do agree though that the flowers and hummers are more to my liking.

Tinwood

Leave a comment:

• mpounders

• mpounders
    replied
    Congratulations! They look really great, but you really should be competing in the open categories. these are good!

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Dwight, You got Ribbons for those Birds ?? Boy am I surprised, (( NOT )). Beautiful Pieces and Congratulations on your AWARDS. Merle.

Leave a comment:

• Paul_Guraedy
    Historian Observing Life

• Paul_Guraedy
    replied
    Dwight, I love the plover, well carved, painted and posed. It certainly deserves a first. But, I must admit, that I think the hummingbirds and morning glories is the better piece.

I do not compete, but I do attend shows whenever possible. Ribbons given by judges who represent the woodcarving world are to be treasured. However, in my estimation, the real prize is to capture one of the ribbons given by the "People". Voters both within and without our art form. Congratulations on all of your wins.

Leave a comment:

• Donna_T
    Super Moderator, Missouri

• Donna_T
    replied
    Beautiful carvings. You did an excellent job. I've found that I get inspiration from every carving show I attend.

Leave a comment:

• Soggy
    Nova Scotia Canada

• Soggy
    replied
    Congratulations Dwight!...........wow! A first and a second out of 171 entries you should be proud of that
    Wayne

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Congratulations, and it hard to believe your morning glories/hummingbirds only got a red. But none the less a very good showing

Leave a comment:

• DiLeon
    Senior Member Hawaii

• DiLeon
    replied
    The birds are wonderful, awesome carvings.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Ellis
    chipchaptom. Washington

• Tom Ellis
    replied
    A huge congratulations Dwight. You are fortunate that I did not enter my Bronco Bluebird. Love those morning glories. They really stand out. The hummers are a plus.

Tom

Leave a comment:

• Nomad
    Super Moderator Michigan

• Nomad
    replied
    Awesome!! Congratulations and well deserved!

Leave a comment:

• Dwight

• Dwight
    replied
    Thank you Spiritwolfe I appreciate your kind words, my wife is the proud one... she loves the hummingbirds and morning glories.

Leave a comment:

• Spiritwolfe
    Nikki

• Spiritwolfe
    replied
    Congratulations Dwight and so rightly deserved. You should be very proud.

Leave a comment:

• Dwight

• Dwight
    replied
    Thanks Arthur, your kind words are graciously accepted.

Leave a comment:

• Arthur C.
    Senior Member Louisiana

• Arthur C.
    replied
    Beautiful, Dwight. Real winners, no doubt about it!

Leave a comment:

• Dwight

• Dwight
    replied
    You are right Bruce, my mind is constantly trying to figure out what to do next. This was my second year in intermediate and as time goes on the competition gets better and better. Thanks for your kind words.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X