Clear All

• Just Carving
    replied
    Thanks Paul!

Bob L

Leave a comment:

• Paul_Guraedy
    replied
    They are looking good. When I started woodcarving (1980) I only wanted to carve "working' style decoys.

Leave a comment:

• Just Carving
    replied
    Lol Thanks for your post cut up. And thanks for reminding me I need to get back on track with the decoys. This Winter has been a busy one with non-carving issues.

Bob L

Leave a comment:

• cut up
    replied
    One of my granddaughters said "If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it must be a horse." I don't know if her being blonde had anything to do with it or not. She was only about 6 or 7 at the time.
    Good looking ducks.

Leave a comment:

• Just Carving
    replied
    Sappy you know as well as I practice makes perfect. After practicing for a while, you have a bunch of Christmas ornaments. People love 'em even though you know you can do better. We're our own worst critic.

Bob L

Leave a comment:

• sappy
    replied
    Very cool! I have always wanted to try a decoy. Yours look like "decoys" mine would look more like "de-toys".

Leave a comment:

• Just Carving
    replied
    Nomad, I never thought I'd be carving decoys. But it was one of them things on my list. So, I started a half size decoy which is about 8 inches long by 3 inches wide. The head went easy and then I developed an inflamed tendon in my right ring finger called trigger finger. So I resorted to carving smaller ones. Eventually, I'll get back to the half size. But I don't think I'll go any bigger than that. Look forward to seeing some more miniature decoys. BTW--I saw a couple of Micro Mini Decoys on either Pinterest or Facebook. They are small enough to fit in a pill bottle. I don't think I'll go that small.

Bob L

Leave a comment:

• Nomad
    replied
    That's pretty cool! I don't think I will be carving full size decoys any time soon but those miniatures look like fun.

Leave a comment:

• Just Carving
    replied
    Thanks everybody! I kinda thought they looked like ducks but I wanted to make sure I wasn't quacking up.

Bob L

Leave a comment:

• Soggy
    replied
    Good job Bob!,.. I like your idea of carving the small ones to see if you like it and to become familiar with that style of carving before you really jump in...
    Wayne

Leave a comment:

• Bob K.
    replied
    If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it must be a duck!

Leave a comment:

• Claude
    replied
    They look like ducks, Bob!

Claude

Leave a comment:

• scotia carver
    replied
    Hi Bob
    I think you are off to a great start, I have carved a few ducks that size they are sort of nice, i entered a loon in a competition , it had to fit inside a champagne glass and float level for 30 seconds, it was a second prize ribbon winner

Bruce

Leave a comment:

• Just Carving
    started a topic Carving miniature Decoys

Carving miniature Decoys

It's been a while since I posted any of my activity but I have been busy exploring decoy duck carving. To get the hang of the anatomy and to see if I like it, I've carved a few small decoy ducks.

Here's the ones I have in progress. They're about 3 inches long. Thanks for looking.

Bob L
Working...
X