Hi Brent, Thanks for your encouragement . Merle

Leave a comment:

• brent
    replied
    Attempt? That's an understatement!!

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Tom, Like I have said before , ( it's only a Piece of Wood ) . The Article in the latest issue of WCI is very good , that's got me interested enough to give it a try. Give it a try ,you might like the Experience . I did . Merle

Leave a comment:

• tomrsey
    replied
    Excellent job on the bird! Not something I have been brave enough to tackle.

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Paul , Oh ! God I hope Not . Ha,Ha. Merle

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Arthur, I guess when you try to something that your not to sure how to do , it becomes hard to do , but after you find out just what your doing, it becomes Satisfying. Thanks Arthur , Merle

Leave a comment:

• Paul_Guraedy
    replied
    Very Nice! Watch out, bird carving can become addictive.

Leave a comment:

• Arthur C.
    replied
    Great wren, Merle! Sounds like the feet were a trip! Always something new to learn, that's what keeps life interesting. Keep up the good work!

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Joe, The Feet look kinda Gnarly just fit in with what I wanted , my Shaky Hands were perfect for that . Ha,Ha. Got to make good with what you got. I had to see if I could do it , the results Satisfied my Curiosity . Thanks Joe for your Interest . Merle

Leave a comment:

• JoeVM
    replied
    Nice wren Merle. Those feet look very real to me.

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Claude, Thanks for Commenting. Merle

Leave a comment:

• Claude
    replied
    Nice work, Merle!

Claude

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Tinwood , I read somewhere that a Carver is Judged by how he Corrects his Mistakes , if that is True then I must be a Great Carver because I had to correct a Bunch of Mistakes on this Little Guy. Took to much off his Head , Dropped him 2 times , ( NEW BEAK ) , 3 Sets of Feet , and still came out looking like a BIRD. Ha, Ha. Thanks for your Always Welcome Words. Merle

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Randy, Funny looking Dog , Huh? Ha,Ha. The Presentation just fell together , I had no Idea what I was going to use for a Base till I got the Cherry Wood. Thanks Randy for your Comments. Merle

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Tom, Counting Feathers and other Parts ie Way Outside my Box . On this Bird I counted 2 Feet and that's as High as I can go. Ha,Ha. I did 1 and that's enough for now. My Daughter saw it and said , " now do 7 more " that covers Daughters and Grand Daughters " , and she got a big NOPE. Thanks Tom for Showing your Interest. Merle
    Last edited by Merle Rice; 03-09-2018, 11:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X