Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Tinwood, No Cherry Stain on him yet . Ha,Ha. That will come when I find a God Stick to put him on. Always appreciate your Comments. Merle

Leave a comment:

• Tinwood
    replied
    Certainly is nice Merle. A great save and as the old saw goes, "practice makes you perfect". Or near enough.

Tinwood

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Terry, He has only 1 coat of Poly U ,so he's not completely finished . The Base needs shaped to fit the Stick and then final coats of Poly U. Thanks Terry Merle

Leave a comment:

• Nomad
    replied
    Totally agree with Greg. It has a very graceful look. Well done! Can't imagine what's next now that you are done practicing.

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Bob, I have to look close to find the Spot where the Knots where . The other good thing is that it is as Strong as ever and will not Crack anymore. Once it has abuot 4 more coats of Poly U it Scar will be gone. For now it's sitting on a Shelf. Felt good saving that Old Pretty Piece of Walnut . Thanks for Commenting Bob. Merle

Leave a comment:

• Bob K.
    replied
    Nice save, Merle! Excellent work as always. You can barely see the flaw in it. If you hadn't mentioned it no one would notice.

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Claude, Thanks. Merle

Leave a comment:

• Claude
    replied
    Nice work and a good save.

Claude

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Joe, your right it is for a Walking Stick , I do Canes sometimes but mostly Walking Sticks. With only 1 Coat of Poly U he is kind of Rough , but when the time comes for putting him on a Stick he will get Sanded and more Coats of Poly U., that will Smooth him out. Thanks Joe Merle

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Greg, He served well as a Practice Piece for now is a Dust Collector tilI decide to Finish him and put him on a Stick. Thank you . Merle

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Joe VM, sometimes it's better to not Plan and just Relax and make Chips. Thanks for your Kind Words. Merle

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Sappy , Thanks for Commenting , he is kinda Neat. . Merle

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    I keep think (or maybe not thinking), this would be a little rough on the palm of the hand∙∙∙∙Da this is for a stix, not a cane. Good thinking on your part.

Leave a comment:

• GregGerard
    replied
    Practice piece no more! graceful design, Merle.

Leave a comment:

• JoeVM
    replied
    That's nice Merle. If you hadn't told us I would have thought you planned it just this way.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X