Finished Golden Eagle Cane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished Golden Eagle Cane

Top and Shaft is Mahogany , and Stained with Red Mahogany . Will start one with his Head looking up. Merle 1-IMG_0001-002.JPG2-IMG_0003-001.JPG

That is beautiful Merle! WOW I am in awe!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Terry
    Have A Great Day
    Terry
    Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most!

Comment

Nicely done Merle. I like the paint and the collar.

Comment

Hi Terry, thank you for your very Kind Words , they are appreciated. Merle

Comment

Very well done,someone is going to appreciate this cane!
          Thanks for sharing,Oscar

Comment

Hi Randy , the top of his Head is End Grain but wasn't a problem because of my new Tool. I'm sold on it . Didn't even realize it was end Grain when Detailing. The White is Counter Top Material and can't remember it's name . Thanks Randy . Merle

Comment

Hi Oscar, it's going to my Son-n-law for Christmas and for the Wood he Gave me. He doesn't know it though. Thanks for commenting. Merle

Comment

A real beauty Merle, but I am really waiting for the head up one. Tom

the white is possibly Corian.
                If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

OK, what the new tool, huh, huh, huh.
                  Another great cane sir.
                  . . .JoeB

Comment

Beautiful work as always, Merle! The paint and red mahogany finish really make it pop! It looks like the white collar might be Corian, a popular counter top material. Would also like to here more about your new end grain tool.
                    Keep On Carvin'
                    Bob K.

My Etsy page: https://www.etsy.com/shop/rwkwoodcarving

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/robert.kozakiewicz.9

My RWK Woodcarving Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rwkwood

My Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/rwkoz51/

Comment

I am also interested in the "end grain" tool End grain is my nemesis in smooth, "non-painted" carvings. Actually, even in painted as it changes the absorption of watercolor and I the disadvantages of using a seal coat far outweigh the advantages in my estimation.

My last "new" tool was Ashley Isles "Hooked Skew". I have tried other brands but, so far, they simply have not achieved the curvature and angle of the AI tool.

Comment

Hi Tom, Igot the Blank cut out and ready to start removing Wood. Your suggestion made me think and Curious to see the difference between the 2 . Yep that's what the White is , I like the way it breaks up the Top and Shaft of Sticks and Canes . Will be starting on theEagle after I clean up my Shop, it is a Mess. Thanks Tom. Merle

Comment

Hi Joe , My new tool is Strong 202 Micro Motor Rotary Tool. Randy got me thinking along the Rotary Tool line and glad he did. Makes Detailing a lot easier. Thanks Joe. Merle

Comment

Hi Bob, Micro Motor Rotary Tool the Tool I used , if I remember right you do your Carving in the Kitchen , if that's right I don't think your Wife will Approve , it makes a lot of Dust , must wear a Mask , but sure is nice. Changed my way of thinking when Carving. Merle

Comment

Hi Paul , Micro Motor Rotary is the Tool for cutting End Grain , you don't realize your cutting End Grain . I think the Extra RPM is what makes the difference . Before I do any Painting I Wet the whole piece and then apply the Stain , Wipe it Down the after it dries I paint . If not Staining try Wetting it before Painting , Paint while it's still Wet. You might be surprised. Thanks for Commenting. Merle

Comment

Working...
                              X