No announcement yet.

Attempt at a detailed Cardinal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup looks like a cardinal to me. Your detail is pretty good. I take your word for it that you think it could use improvement. That's what all us woodcarvers say.

I see the male cardinal often now. The female is a little more shy but she zips through the yard every once in a while. Since the quarantine began, the birds and squirrels have taken over the yard. First time ever I saw a blue jay and a cardinal close enough for me to get pics.

As my brother said when he saw the pics, now we just have to wait for the purple card jays to show up.

Bob L
    Attached Files

Comment

Great first time effort!! To keep the posts from showing on the feet, put a part of the leaf under the feet to help hide the post.

Comment

Originally posted by woodcreek carver View Post
        Great first time effort!! To keep the posts from showing on the feet, put a part of the leaf under the feet to help hide the post.
        Great idea! Thanks

Comment

Hi Jonathan,
          A very nice Cardinal !!! I have fond memories of these guys. I used to do bird photography as a hobby and had a few trips to USA to wander around the countyside getting photos of as many different species as I could. Used to carry around about 15 kg of gear what with the 600mm F4 nikor and all.

We went to a spot in a park in St Louis where water was coming up through a couple of rocks called the bubbler and the birds would flock to it for a drink.

And that is where I got some stunning shots of a cardinal taking a bath. No mean feat as back in those days it was all shot on iso 50 slide film and shutter speeds were real slow.

So nice to see your very nice cardinal. Bought back some fond memories.

Cheers
          Glenn

Comment

Working...
          X