Box for Great Grandson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Box for Great Grandson

This is for my 2 Month Old Great Grandson . This is # 11 and 1 more to go , she isn't here yet , but come September she will be . Hers is 1/2 done but no name yet . I'm trying to keep ahead of things ,so far so good . Ha,Ha. I get the Boxes from Target , they are already made , I don't know the kind of Wood it is , feels like Balsa . Merle IMG_0001-001.JPG

That's NICE!!...Camden's probably a little too young to appreciate that right now, but as he grows older I'm sure he will remember what a great guy Great Grand Dad was..... that will be an heirloom.
    Wayne
    If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

Hi Wayne , the other 10 are not allowed to play with them They can put things into them to keep but not to play with . They are put up where they can see them and not put away and not seen . They also have a small Carving . It's a good feeling to know that you will put a Mark in their future Lives . Thanks Wayne . Merle

Comment

Beautiful work, Merle!

Claude
        My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/

My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/

My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Hi Claude , this is a Susan Irish Design . It caught my Eye years ago and I've used it many times and many ways . In fact a lot of my Pieces are from her Designs . Thanks for Commenting . Merle

Comment

Love it Merle took one look and hit the WOW button. Love the blend of subtle colour with the pyrography. Think you just gave me one more thing to add to the to do basket. Am thinking of carving a 3/4 size owl at some stage the very white coloured wood I have earmarked for it would suck up watercolour paints quite well so this will add a new aspect to it. Thanks!!!

Think I'm going to make an aspects page of all the different things one can do to a piece to consult before picking up the tools. Just so I dont miss something that could add to it or enhance another aspect of it. .

Comment

Great job in the boxs Merle. colors are very good. Just Two greatgrand daughters so far. The four grandsons in thier early 20's all say they are life long bachalors, I say good luck with that!

Comment

Very nicely done and it will become a great heirloom, Merle. Great thought and sparks some ideas in my mind...thanks.
                Bill
                Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

Nicely done, Merle! I recognized the design; I did a relief carving of it. Did you use watered down acrylics on it? The coloring is beautifully done. Personally, I'd like to see another picture of the top straight on and close up.
                  Arthur

Comment

Hi Arthur , Here is a Front View . I usually do a front view but I screwed up the Pictures , thanks for asking for a Front view . I also did a Relief Carving when I first started , it took me about 4 months , I still have it hanging on the Wall . I used Colored Pencils on this Guy , I do this a lot with my Burnings. Hope this Picture shows you what you want . Merle IMG_0010.JPG

Comment

Hi , Glenn , I used Colored Pencils that keeps the Colors out of the Burnt Lines to separate the Colors . Still just Fulling Around . Ha,Ha. Thank You for your Encouraging Words . Merle

Comment

Hi Randy , The Top of the other Box is Done but can't finish it till later because no name yet . Thanks for your Always Kind Words . Merle

Comment

Hi 807 , this one will set alongside his Brothers , but the other one I'm working on will be alongside 6 other ones . Now that's a Shelf full . Ha,Ha. Thanks for your Kind Words . Merle

Comment

Nice, Nice, Nice
                            . . .JoeB

Comment

Hi, Joe , Thank You my Friend . Merle

Comment

Working...
                              X