Stylized Eagle and Making New Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stylized Eagle and Making New Project

My 2 Daughters liked my last Stylized Eagle and Both wanted me to make them one . They wanted it so Bad that they want to buy it . Of course won't need to pay for it , 2 Birthdays are coming . The Youngest Daughter brought me 2 pieces of Walnut , 4" x 8" x 12" , all I needed to do supply the Man Power. The first 2 Pictures show the Piece that was removed when I cut it on the Band saw and the next project that I get from what would be Scrap . They were just to big to not find a way to use them and that's the Pattern that I came up with . Need to finish the 2nd one and then thinking of a Cane , Surprise ,Huh! Ha,Ha. I have 4 Stylized Eagle Pieces to do , 2 Pcs. I started in Mahogany before the Daughter brought the Walnut and the 2 Pieces from the Scrap Pieces . They will be for later , I'm seeing Wings in my Sleep . I made these 2 shorter to make them more Stable . Merle 1-IMG_0002.JPG 2-IMG_0003.JPG 3-IMG_0007.JPG 4-IMG_0005.JPG 5-IMG_0004.JPG 6-IMG_0006.JPG

Delicate! Very attractive. No wonder there's a demand.
    Brian T

Comment

Hi Brian , probably have another day on the other one and then a break from the Wings and back to a different Subject on a Cane . Thanks for your always Welcome Kind Words. Merle

Comment

Outstanding as always Merle. Really special Birthday gift!!
        We live in the land of the free because of the brave!

https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

Hi Randy , they don't know that it is going to be a Birthday Gift , they are still planning to buy it . The First Picture shows the Piece that would be called Scarp and he 2nd Picture is how the Scrap Piece will be used . Gona be a neat Piece , I think . Need to get the 2nd one finished so I can move on to the Cane . Thanks Randy . Merle

Comment

A beautiful sculpture Merle, You are lucky you don’t have more kids.
            If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

nice work Merle

Comment

Merle, what can be said about your works that have been said! This truly a memorizing piece. I could say something corny like "I bet your tools are even proud to have worked on this project", but I won't
                . . .JoeB

Comment

Beautiful Merle! It's apparent why your daughters want it!
                  Arthur

Comment

1-IMG_0008.JPG Hi Tom , These are the 2 Eagles that I started before the Daughter came with the Walnut Pieces . The other 2 Pieces are the Scrap Pieces Design . I think I'll leave them for future to do Pieces . 2 weeks ago I needed something to do ,now I'm Good for awhile . My to Kids are 65 yrs. and 66 yrs. , still Kids to me . Thanks Tom , your Nice Words are always Appreciated. Merle
                    Last edited by Merle Rice; 02-05-2021, 04:12 PM. Reason: Forgot to Post the Pictures

Comment

Hi JJF, Thanks for commenting . Merle

Comment

Hi Joe , Ha,Ha, sure glad you didn't say something Corny . Ha,Ha. Your Comments are always Enjoyed and Appreciated. Thank You My Friend . Merle

Comment

Hi Arthur , They like all my Carvings that they which is a Bunch , probably more than me , but this Piece hit them both and said my Best Carving of them all . It is Laboriously but one of my Easier Pieces . KISS, KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID , might be the way to go . Thanks Arthur always Appreciate your Comments . Merle

Comment

Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
                            Hi Arthur , They like all my Carvings that they which is a Bunch , probably more than me , but this Piece hit them both and said my Best Carving of them all . It is Laboriously but one of my Easier Pieces . KISS, KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID , might be the way to go . Thanks Arthur always Appreciate your Comments . Merle
                            Hello Merle splendid to meet you i love the lines on your pieces they have a great presence and flow.

Im a big fan of KISS also, i believe making simple things is hard and its easy to complicate things haha.

Comment

A very, very cool piece Merle. It has beautiful flowing lines and just screams ELEGANT!!!!.

Comment

Working...
                              X