Fantasy Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Eagle

8" x 3" x 3" , Mahogany , Stained with Red Mahogany , Poly U , Feed-N-Wax .For Final Finish I Rubbed it down with 1400 Wet Emory Cloth before adding the Wax . This seems to bring Brightness to the Carving . From a Picture in Pinterest with some of my Changes . Got to a Point where I just let my Imagination Roam and have Fun Removing Wood . The Base had a Simple Round Design but I tried to match it with the Eagles Detailing . I used my new 3 Fluted Bits for making the deep Grooves , worked Great for Roughing not for Detailing , they are to Aggressive . Merle 1-IMG_0002.JPG 2-IMG_0003.JPG 3-IMG_0004.JPG 4-IMG_0005.JPG 5-IMG_0006.JPG

I love this piece sooooo creative!
    Ed
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/HiddenInWood https://www.facebook.com/CentralNebraskaWoodCarvers

Comment

Dang Merle, you have a way of making beautiful wood, really beautiful. Great design. Love it. Tom
      If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Wow Merle, what a fantastic carving and what a beautiful piece of wood, very nice.
        Mark N. Akers
        My Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KarolinaKarver

Comment

Hi , Ed , Surprising what can happen when you let your Imagination Run and besides it makes it more Fun . Thanks Ed , Appreciate your Comments. Merle

Comment

Hi Tom , when putting on the Finish I'm hoping the Carving Detail shows off the Object and the Finish shows off the Grain , like a Piece of Furniture . After Completed that makes it feel good when Holding . Smooth and Solid Feeling , Nice . Thanks Tom , Always Appreciate your Kind Words . Merle

Comment

Beautiful design work....I really like it.

Comment

Hi Mark , I'm very Fortunate to have the Nice Wood to Carve . I had it all given to me from the Barber and Son-n-Law . In return I give them some Carvings , that isn't the Deal , just giving each other Gifts and Nice Feeling . Thank You for your Encouraging Words . Merle

Comment

Hi Di , Another Rendition of the Eagle . When I see a Picture I like it makes me want to try and Carve it , That's the Challenge of this Hobby . They say that a Person is a Success till he is a Failure and I think I have a Project set up for the Future that just be my Failure , still gona give it a Try . Thanks Di , always Good hearing you Comments . Merle

Comment

Hi Merle,
                    Just love the lines on this piece Merle. Great finish that just takes the WOW factor up a notch. Lovely work mate. Very well done.

Comment

Hi Glenn , Thanks Bud, I'm going to keep doing this Bird till I get it right , Ha,Ha. Merle

Comment

Merle, you have just taken a lovely piece of wood added your excellent style of carving & produce an exceptional sculpture
                        . . .JoeB

Comment

Hi Joe , Thank You my Friend for the very Nice Encouraging Words , I Appreciate them . Merle

Comment

Beautiful design, wood and carving, Merle!
                            Arthur

Comment

Hi Arthur , Thank You for your always Encouraging Words . Merle

Comment

Working...
                              X