Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glenn Jennings
    replied
    I wouldn't beat myself up too much over how he came out . Think it would be better than anything I could achieve. Have a look at some of the postings ED puts up as he often adds comments on how he achieves a certain look which you might well find beneficial in doing animals as well.

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Probably not happy to see a better-looking dog than himself, good effort.

Leave a comment:

• Mobieus
    replied
    Billy was less than impressed with it, infact he could just about raise his head from his bed to look at it.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Mobieus
    replied
    Well here is the finished item for good or bad. It's OK for a first attempt I guess! Though looking at it now I can see what areas are not quite correct. Side on the shape is good, with a good representation of a Bully's profile. Front on though, well it looks like my 4yr old nephew planned that out for me.

Still I will know what to do differently in the next one.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

Leave a comment:

• sappy
    replied
    You're off to a great start on your Billy dog.

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Such a great looking fellow, not handsome, but the kind of dog you want to be your pal, I sure you will transfer your feeling into the wood, watching with interest

Leave a comment:

• Mobieus
    replied
    Hi Nebraska, yeah it was a challenge alright. I think I sort of gave up and finished it as best I could rather than drop it completely. I have learnt from the failure and will use what I have learnt in the next attempt. Will post photos tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Nebraska
    replied
    Should be a challenging project. I applaud your taking on the challenge I think a lot of carvers never reach their potential because they don’t. To be clear there is nothing wrong with not taking on the challenges it is each persons choice.
    Last edited by Nebraska; 07-20-2021, 09:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mobieus
    started a topic ~~Making a carving of Billy the Bulldog.~~

~~Making a carving of Billy the Bulldog.~~

After all of my recent carvings, my wife has asked me to do one of our dog Billy. He is an Old Time Bulldogge.
    This gallery has 8 photos.
Working...
X