Ocean City, Worlds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocean City, Worlds

I live close to Ocean City Maryland and this time of year all the venders I buy my carving supplies from come to me I bought wood and tools.

I looked fro Mike (in his Virginia Tech hat)at the Ward World competition in Ocean City today but did not spot him, I know he and some guys from the decoy forum are getting togeather to take pictures of everything but untill he gets his pictures on line Here are a few to wet your appitite.

HappY Trails
    Bill
    ^v^

Re: Ocean City, Worlds

Next 5 shots from Worlds.

Comment

A few more from Worlds.

Bill
      ^v^

Comment

Thanks for posting William, these carvings are great!!!

Comment

My dream goal is to visit Ocean City when the Worlds competition brings out not just fantastic carving; but, such innovative designs. I am sure you enjoyed it and thanks for the photos.

Comment

This was a great beach weekend Paul, temps near 90 and lots of sun, I bet the guys out in the water judging the floaters liked it.

Here are a few more

Bill
            ^v^

Comment

A few more shots from Worlds.
              Bill

Comment

Thanks for showing us the photos, Bill! I was surprised at the stylized ones - I thought everything at Ward World was realistic... Guess I need to make a trip over there next year.

Claude
                My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
                My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
                My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
                My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

William

Thanks for the wonderful pictures of the Ward, I have looked through them several times already. They take a bunch of time to put on I know, so thanks for your time and effort.
                  One question, in your 3rd message of pictures. The one on the left of a dark colored base and 4 or 5 lighter colored birds, all natural finish. Do you happen to remember who did that one? It almost looks like it could be a Chris White piece. Either that or a student of his, as it is completely his style. Just love his work.

Again thanks for the pix...

Gene

Comment

I think they are for the most part Claude but they also have interpretive sculpture competition and other media like stone or bronze.

Hey Gene, I checked my original picture to see if the name tag showed but it didn't, sorry, maybe Mike will have it in his.

Bill
                    ^v^

Comment

Bill,

Thanks so much for sharing the pictures, I enjoyed every single one of them, fantastic carving, so realistic, I've got so much to learn.

Bill

Comment

Thanks for posting all the pictures, If I lived closer I would be there every year.
                        Bill

Comment

My thanks too for your work in posting the pics. You brought us more of the diversity of entries than we'll likely see on the decoy forum. Pretty awesome stuff!

Comment

Bill, we drove up to O.C. from SC Thurs. and came back Sun. I didn't see you there but there were so many people it's no wonder.
                            It was a great show and as usual, I spent all my money on tools and wood. Got three nice pieces of butternut.
                            The Ward Museum in Salisbury is a great place to visit, too.
                            Mike

Comment

Hey Bill,

thanks for sharing the pix. Too bad they don't have any talented carvers there!

ONLY KIDDING!!!!

that stuff is amazing! almost makes me want to hang up my tools.

Great pictures Bill!

Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X