Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting a Wood Duck Drake

Hello All,

I am in the process of painting a Wood Duck Drake. I had mentioned in an earlier thread that I purchased this blank 29 years ago in Silver Dollar City, Missouri with the intention of teaching myself how to carve. Bought the blank, chisels, mallet and some carving books at the time. Not sure that I even purchased the correct tools but, I was determined to try my hand at wood carving. Then life kicked in, I put the duck and tools to the side and didn't follow through with my intended plans. I moved that duck to 5 different houses over the years. I am not sure how many times I looked at it over the years and kept telling myself. "someday I will try to carve this thing, when I have time that is." Let me tell you, if you ever wait for enough time to do something, you will never do it.

I have now started carving a few things and I actually have gotten this Wood Duck blank carved and ready to paint. Someone on this board, (forgive me as I do not remember who), asked me to post a few photos during the painting process. So here for your viewing pleasure or dis-pleasure as the case may be Red Face ... are a few photos as I start to finish this 29 year old project. Hope that you enjoy.

God Bless,
    Richard

Re: Painting a Wood Duck Drake

Hey by yumpin jimminey's it's a duck! LOL Good on ya! and I thought putting my Heron off for 2 years was bad! ha haCowboy
    "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Re: Painting a Wood Duck Drake

Yea, I was kinda embarassed to admit it took this long to get back to it. I have started painting him though. I tried to add 2 photos when I posted this but my silly computer would not allow it so.... here it is.

Richard

Comment

Working...
      X