X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hugh-P
    replied
    Re: first duck

Looking at these photos of a GW Teal Drake, pay attention to the area around the neck. Look at the Rump area also. Hope these photo's are of some help

Leave a comment:

• markken5889
    replied

Hi Scande,

It looks to me like you're on track. I do suggest that you spend some time to round the body more, especially around the side "pockets" to the belly, and around the breast area. I know my first duck carving was very blocky, compared to the ones I do now. Seems to me to be a pretty common stop-off on the learning curve! Nice work so far!

Mark

Leave a comment:

• DickB
    replied

Nice looking bird for your first duck. Keep us posted with your progress.

Leave a comment:

• Paul_Guraedy
    replied

Your decoy is looking good but is in the first stages of lay out. I would recommend that you go to the top of the page and do a search. Just enter teal or green-winged teal and you will find a number of posts. These will help you a great deal with your layout.

Leave a comment:

• GinnytooU
    replied

To me it looks great . But I have never tried to carve a duck so don't count on me knowing much. I know what I like and I like this bird for sure. Good luck with the rest of it. Ginny

Leave a comment:

• scande
    replied

trying the pictures

Leave a comment:

• scande
    started a topic first duck

first duck

I have watched for a while and started my first duck. A green wing teal hen.
    The body is a hair on the small side but I would appreciate comments. I want to make sure that I have my feather group's correct and if the proportions are correct. I have been working off of pat godins vhf tapes but knowing the proportions I find difficult thanks
Working...
X