Canadian Kestrel...???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Kestrel...???

Well , I have just finished another carving that has been laying around the shop half finished for a few years. This is the second of many that I made up my mind to get completed this year. Sort of a New Year's resolution.
    I call it a Canadian Kestrel, just so no one will be able to see how poorly it is painted.

Bob

Re: Canadian Kestrel...???

Good looking bird!
    "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Bob,
      As I told you over coffee that is a great carving and by the way he is too modest it is very well painted. What impressed me about the carving is that Bob had carved the feet into the base it really is very well done. Great job my friend as are all of your carvings.
      Colin
      Jim - The Doing is as much fun as the Viewing!
      Jackson, MS

Comment

That's a nice looking bird. Nothing wrong with the paint job that I can see, quite well done in fact. Keep up the good work.

Bob
        Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Super nice bird! I wouldn't know what color thry should be anyway

Comment

The kestrel looks just right! Nice carving and painting.

I had to do some research into finding the difference between the "Canadian Kestrel" and the common "North American Kestrel".

There is NO noticable physical difference in appearance and the only way the ornithologists tell the two apart is by listening to their cry.

The North American kestrel sounds a shrill "screeee, screeee, screee"

The Canadian Kestrel sounds a similar but slightly different "screee-ey, screee-ey, screee-ey"

Al

Comment

Wow! Beautiful!
              Wade

Comment

Not "screee-ay?" Ay?
                Wade

Comment

Hhmmmph...never did know how ta spell that....it ain't in the dikshun.....dictun....diktio....aw, heck the big spellin' book!

Al

Comment

Na.... it's pronounced and spelled ..."screee..eh!"

Bob
                    Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

No doot aboot it eh? awesome carving!

Comment

Originally posted by AlArchie
                        The kestrel looks just right! Nice carving and painting.

I had to do some research into finding the difference between the "Canadian Kestrel" and the common "North American Kestrel".

There is NO noticable physical difference in appearance and the only way the ornithologists tell the two apart is by listening to their cry.

The North American kestrel sounds a shrill "screeee, screeee, screee"

The Canadian Kestrel sounds a similar but slightly different "screee-ey, screee-ey, screee-ey"

Al

I thought the Canadian version went " A my little Shereee!" LOL
                        "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Only in Quebec, Dave, only in Quebec!

Al

Comment

Mayhap the bird - either one - is hollering for more screech?
                            Baby

Nice work. I just googled for kestrel pix, and I don't see all that much difference.

Comment

The kestrel looks great, Bob! I really like the way you've incorporated the bird onto the base.

Comment

Working...
                              X