She Put Me Under Her Spell!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She Put Me Under Her Spell!

You know what they say about being hypnotized? .....The last thing you'll remember? Did you know that it also works in anesthesiology? A month or so ago I had to have a follow-up colonoscopy because of some polyps that were removed last year at this time. As I'm laying on the table chatting with the anesthesiologist and signing her release form ( you know the one.....the Michael Jackson release form......if you travel too far into "Never Never Land" and don't come back it's your problem, not the anesthesiologists!) one of the Medical Tech's makes the comment that " he's the guy that makes all the bears!" The anesthesiologist then says, I like bears. I collect them. I want one. By this time she's already starting to inject her magical potion into the I.V. I remember saying, what kind of shoes do you wear and her lifting her foot up for me to see and then the lights went out. I was under her spell. I didn't remember right away but once I got home and got the cob webs out of my head I remembered her request so I called up the endoscopy clinic and got her name. Now under normal circumstances I might have let this one slide but she did me right. Last year when I had my colonoscopy my nose got so dried out from the oxygen that it burned for two days. So this year I mentioned it to this anesthesiologist and once she got me going she slipped the oxygen supplement tube into my mouth. I was a little thirsty on the way home but no pain like last year. In my book she deserves a bear!

Cool thing to do Eddie!

Nice job too!

Ya know I'm a softie for bears.

Bob L

Comment

Good Story and Great Little Bears. Merle

Comment

Sweet bear! I had my colonoscopy this year. My anesthesiologist was an angel!
        Terry

Comment

Many years ago, my wife was under the knife... The anesthesiologist said putting you under was free. It is waking you back up that costs money. Afterwards, I got the bill and remembered. His bill was about what the doctor got. We had three insurance companies (contract) and still had to dig into the pocket for more. 60's a GM the car company had good insurance for plant protection. We got what the Union got in benefits.

Comment

Indeed she does. Great looking bear!
            http://www.tristatecarvers.com

Comment

Good bear and I'm sure you will be treated well if there is another time
              . . .JoeB

Comment

Great job ( again) Eddy; ..... if you're not careful the medical community in your area will be looking for reasons to run tests on you ,just so they can have one of your bears....
                Wayne

Comment

Great gift Eddy. Nicely done.
                  Randy

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!

Comment

She certainly does deserve the bear, I also give nurses carvings, In fact at the Laramie hospital they have a Herb Johnson shelf ( not a room or a wing just a shelf) of carvings. And Eddie, that is a great bear s usual/
                    Herb

Comment

Did you ask her for a "bear" hug Eddie?. Nice gesture on your part.

Tinwood

Comment

Nice carving, Eddy!

Claude
                        My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/beadman1

My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/

My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Nice bear Eddy, and a happy Dr. too, I bet.
                          Joe

Comment

Originally posted by lionslair View Post
                            Many years ago, my wife was under the knife... The anesthesiologist said putting you under was free. It is waking you back up that costs money. Afterwards, I got the bill and remembered. His bill was about what the doctor got. We had three insurance companies (contract) and still had to dig into the pocket for more. 60's a GM the car company had good insurance for plant protection. We got what the Union got in benefits.
                            Lionslair.... You're right! The anesthesiologist makes almost as much as the gastroenterologist! Thank God for medicare and our supplement!

Comment

Originally posted by joepaulbutler View Post
                              Good bear and I'm sure you will be treated well if there is another time
                              Joe..... Five years! "I should live so long!"

Comment

Working...
                              X