Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Year Of The Dog?"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "Year Of The Dog?"

    2018 Year Of Dog.JPG
    We have a favorite restaurant that we occasionally go to on special occasions and since we always go in the mid-afternoon we seem to get the same waitress, a nice Vietnamese American gal who not only provides excellent customer service, but is courteous and friendly. The last time were were at the restaurant my wife asked her what she was doing special for Christmas and New Years. She naturally said that she'd be with her family on both occasions but that they don't celebrate on January 1st. Their's is the Chinese New Year on February 16th and this coming year is the "Year Of The Dog!" So what else could I do but whittle her a dog and try to make it look Chinese. Well, I gave it my best shot anyway.

  • #2
    Nice dog Eddy, and a nice gift. What does the Chinese symbol on the dog mean?
    Joe

    Comment


    • #3
      Very funny Eddy. Great looking Pup.

      Comment


      • #4
        Good lookin hound Eddy and a great gift
        Herb

        Comment


        • #5
          Great looking dog Eddy! Another Year of the Dog is 1946.
          http://www.tristatecarvers.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Nice thought Eddie, and pretty darn good carving too.

            Tinwood

            Comment


            • #7
              That's the most Chinese looking dog I've ever seen, Eddy! I hope this doesn't mean the end of the bears!
              Keep On Carvin'
              Bob K.

              My Woodcarving blog: https://www.woodchipchatter.com


              My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/robert.kozakiewicz.9


              My RWK Woodcarving Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rwkwood


              My Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/rwkoz51/

              Comment


              • #8
                She should love it very neat carving.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JoeVM View Post
                  Nice dog Eddy, and a nice gift. What does the Chinese symbol on the dog mean?
                  Joe..............
                  狗, Gǒu , Dog

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bob K. View Post
                    That's the most Chinese looking dog I've ever seen, Eddy! I hope this doesn't mean the end of the bears!
                    Bob.... No. Bears aren't off the table but next year we get to carve a pig! Of course Sonny's BBQ does that daily!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Cute one, Eddy!

                      Claude
                      My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
                      My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
                      My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
                      My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'm a dog. 1946. How quickly we run through those cycles. Will have to have a big celebration on Feb 16. Maybe an extra maalox / prune juice cocktail. Woo hoo!

                        Nice dog there, Eddy. I like the paint job too.
                        HonketyHank toot toot

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          She'll love it Eddy!... you've done a nice job in portraying a Chinese dog. ..... just curious, is there a year of the bear ?
                          Wayne
                          If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by honketyhank View Post
                            I'm a dog. 1946. How quickly we run through those cycles. Will have to have a big celebration on Feb 16. Maybe an extra maalox / prune juice cocktail. Woo hoo!

                            Nice dog there, Eddy. I like the paint job too.
                            I hear ya HonketyTonk!.....................

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Soggy View Post
                              She'll love it Eddy!... you've done a nice job in portraying a Chinese dog. ..... just curious, is there a year of the bear ?
                              Wayne
                              Wayne.... To the best of my knowledge no bears were interested in being included on the Chinese calendar either from the Chinese Zodiac point of view or from the Buddhist point of view.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X