Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Becareful what you submit to Ancester.com~ You never know what you'll find out!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Becareful what you submit to Ancester.com~ You never know what you'll find out!

I've been working on this fellow over the past couple of weeks. He's sort of carved in the image of an old ancestor of mine! My grand-daughter already grabbed him up and my daughter-in-law wants one too. I'm not crazy about duplicating one of a kind efforts but then again I want to keep peace in the family so it's now Frank (4).JPGFrank (6).JPGFrank (5).JPGon my " RoundToIt" list.

Wonderful, Eddy! and a departure from bears
    Herb

Comment

Brilliant! You have to have spit in the tube to earn one of these. I did.
      Brian T

Comment

Eddie you need to be careful about who you're talking too when you mention little green men. Someone might think you are a little wobbly in the head. Even if you don't have a screw loose, he looks like he does. Great job.

Tinwood

Comment

I see these guys running around my house all the time......Wobbly?

Comment

Great job. I can see why everyone is wanting on. Boy I understand your feels about repeats
            . . .JoeB

Comment

Nice carving, Eddy!

Claude
              My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/beadman1

My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/

My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Funny little guy, Eddy! I'm sure you had a good time carving him.

I'm having the same problem with duplicates at the moment. I recently posted a Celtic cross I carved as a wedding present...now my wife wants one, and a daughter-in-law (brother of the groom who received the wedding gift) wants one! Like you, I prefer to make "one of a kind" pieces, but as you say, keep peace in the family!
                Arthur

Comment

I can't quote him. Long time singer-songwriter. Lots and lots of hits.
                  He said you gotta get used to the idea of singing that hit song a thousand times.

You carved a big hit. See what you've done?
                  Brian T

Comment

I am impressed that you are related to a famous movie star!! Looking good!
                    Terry

Comment

Good one Eddy. Had a neighbor that acted just like your friend looks. Scary dude.​​​​​​​

Comment

Thanks guys and gals!.... You know I was as green as he is once! We made a short trip from our homeport of Sasebo, Japan to play war games with the ROK's at Chin Hae, South Korea. That little wooden minesweep I was on was pitching, rolling, and yawing all at the same time from the heavy seas in the Korean Straits. There wasn't an empty waste can on the entire ship.

Comment

I don't see the resemblance Eddy, maybe if you had more hair and a loose screw. Cute fella anyway.
                          Joe

Comment

Originally posted by JoeVM View Post
                            I don't see the resemblance Eddy, maybe if you had more hair and a loose screw. Cute fella anyway.
                            Thanks Joe!................Loose screw is no problem. Just ask my kids! As for the hair. There is an advantage to being as bald as a newborn baby's butt. I've spent less on shaving supplies and haircuts over the least 40-years than probably most of the guys on this forum spend in three months!

Comment

I get heck thrown at me as I won't post my tree - a massive family tree with the other families added - all by hand! Interviews and bibles. Do I have a stack of bibles! The worst part is I also have a bunch of carving and figures and pictures and this and that from history. I think the one I had was blue faced, but maybe that was the yellow bug lamp that turned your guy Green!

Comment

Working...
                              X