Owls, Eagles, Wizard, and Wetherbee Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owls, Eagles, Wizard, and Wetherbee Class

I haven't posted on the forum in quite a while I have stopped in once in a while. I will try to get back into the habit of dropping by regularly and contributing more.

here are a couple of the owls from the latest WCI-a couple of eagle magnets from last WCI-my version of Mike Pounders wizard from a while back in one of the WCI magazines. Then a carving of a fella and a gas pump from the Rich Wetherbee class in Loveland, Co. last weekend. The class was a lot of fun and if you ever get a chance to carve with Rich go for it. It was a great class and a fine group of carvers.
    Now if only they would paint themselves!! LOL
    Thanks for looking.
    Terry

DSCN0131.JPGDSCN0128.JPGDSCN0138.JPGDSCN0136.JPG
    Last edited by ka0fan; 08-30-2018, 04:03 PM.
    Have A Great Day
    Terry
    Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most!

A great looking group of carvings Terry. I like the Gas Pump Guy!
    Larry

Comment

The 'Gas Pump Guy', is probably thinking,''come on, what are you waiting for'?
      Great work, thanks for sharing!
      Oscar

Comment

Hi Terry, good seeing your work again and back ing . Hope you stay around for awhile. I like them all , you cant go wrong with my Favorite Bird . Merle

Comment

Wow, what a bunch of good carvings, The Wizzard get my vote though
          . . .JoeB

Comment

Terrific bunch of carvings, Terry! Very nice work. It's good to see you back.
            Keep On Carvin'
            Bob K.

My Etsy page: https://www.etsy.com/shop/rwkwoodcarving

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/robert.kozakiewicz.9

My RWK Woodcarving Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rwkwood

My Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/rwkoz51/

Comment

I like them all. I like your version of the feather work on the owls and your wizard is great too. Thanks for posting these so we can admire and glean some new ideas.

Tinwood

Comment

Nice work Terry,, you did a great job on the gas man.. Was that from a roughout? They all look good. Now get busy painting so you can repost.
                If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Those carvings are finer than frog hair split four ways and sanded! Gas Pump Guy is a home run!! Good seeing you here. Your work never disappoints.
                  Terry

Comment

Thanks to everyone!! It is good to be back on the forum! Tom the gas pump guy is from a Rich Wetherbee roughout called "Back Forty". I carved it in a class with Rich in Loveland, Co. last weekend. Now to try to catch up on the painting for the last several months LOL--I would much rather carve than paint as you can tell.
                    Last edited by ka0fan; 09-01-2018, 08:46 AM.
                    Have A Great Day
                    Terry

Comment

Nice work Terry. Thanks for posting. Glad to see you're back.
                      Joe

Comment

I finally got the fella and the gas pump painted and ready to send to my sister for her birthday. Nothing like waiting until the last minute

. DSCN0160.JPGDSCN0159.JPGDSCN0161.JPG
                        Have A Great Day
                        Terry

Comment

I'll bet this going to fill her up-----with enjoyment, Well done
                          . . .JoeB

Comment

I was waiting for you to paint your guy at the gas pump. It reminds me of the old Supertest station in Burk's Falls from the 1950s. The pumps there were painted orange as well. Our little town was prosperous in those times, but the Supertest station just wasn't up to the mark. Eventually it disappeared. I know one Supertest pump is still in existence., at a place that collects nostalgia items. I looked at it with wonder when I saw it, remembering the old days. //

Well as for your carving. Thanks for the memories. The buttons are just great and so is the rest of the carving. A fine piece of work. You're a talented guy.
                            Last edited by Rodster; 10-04-2018, 08:13 PM.
                            Rodster
                            https://rodster.ca

Comment

A mighty fine bunch of carvings Terry, I don't know how I missed this the first time it was posted a month ago, I really like the gas pump guy painted, Your sis is really going to be proud to have him.
                              Herb

Comment

Working...
                              X