• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent. great job. detail is great.

Comment

Nice job, Joe!
      Herb

Comment

Well carved and well painted Joe. Your blending and tones used on the face are spot on.

Tinwood

Comment

Joe, I was wondering, what color did you use on the hair?
          . . .JoeB

Comment

Thank you all very much for the nice comments. I enjoy carving faces and try to make them all a little different. This one must be a favorite, he's so well liked.
            Joe, his hair is pretty much white. I don't remember if I added a touch of something to tone it down a bit.
            Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Rodster View Post

At my carving club, a few of us feel that caricatures are too often over the top. While we like small figures, we think the faces of figures should be a little more realistic (if offbeat), rather than ... well caricatures.

Rodster, I agree, I try to make my faces more realistic and not too exaggerated.

Joe

Comment

Since that's a mighty fine one of a kind carving I'd have to say that the only thing rarer in this world than the carving is probably the newspaper he's carrying!

Comment

Thanks Eddy. There are a few of us old guys that still like newspapers.
                  Joe

Comment

Sweet! You could create a whole Norman Rockwell town with your characters. Great job!
                    Terry

Comment

Waiting on spring is he ? Can't stand the cold wet weather. - Nice indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad View Post
                        Sweet! You could create a whole Norman Rockwell town with your characters. Great job!
                        Thanks Terry. Boy that would take a while.
                        Thanks Lionslair. He does look a little cold.
                        Joe

Comment

Working...
                        X