No announcement yet.

Ed Sr. Plumber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow Eddy! What an incredible tribute to your dad! Great detail and I love those Ridgid tools. Great decals. Ridgid tools used to be the best, from pipe wrenches to sawzalls. I think they farm a lot of their production out now, especially the power tools. Used to be a Riidgid pinup calendar in every shop.
    Terry

Comment

Originally posted by Tinwood View Post
      Nice tribute Eddie. Great little carving and I love the details. Bay Pines, down near the hospital or closer to Tyrone or Target?

Tinwood
      Ed Sr - Copy.jpg

My Dad worked as a plumber at the Bay Pines DVA Hospital for about 15-years. He was the plumbing Supervisor for about ten of those years.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad View Post
        Wow Eddy! What an incredible tribute to your dad! Great detail and I love those Ridgid tools. Great decals. Ridgid tools used to be the best, from pipe wrenches to sawzalls. I think they farm a lot of their production out now, especially the power tools. Used to be a Riidgid pinup calendar in every shop.
        Nomad... I remember. Dad had one posted in our double car garage up north where he stored his tools and pipe and fittings for future jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by lionslair View Post
          Holding the wrench and hydraulic pump extender like they didn't weigh anything. Likely as he went to the job or returned. Tough and strong.
          Lionslair... You got the wrench right but the other hand is supposed to be carring a length of black iron pipe. But I supposed it could be used as an extension for a pump or subbron fitting.

Comment

Feel sorry for your loss. I'm looking for a good plumber, and I see that all good ones are passing away. What should I do?

Comment

You and your father are good role models for all of us

Comment

Hi Eddy
                I can't see the photo on your original post. Your Dad was right about Ridgid tools. They made good stuff. Love the drawing. hehe. Used to be supervisor of Whangarei cities watertreatment plants and came up through maintenance so can relate to water pouring out of the ground. Remember one break where the column of water could be seen across above the buildings . They got a digger to put his bucket over the flow and there was such force that the digger was bouncing slightly on the front tyres. Was pretty spectacular.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Jennings View Post
                  Hi Eddy
                  I can't see the photo on your original post. Your Dad was right about Ridgid tools. They made good stuff. Love the drawing. hehe. Used to be supervisor of Whangarei cities watertreatment plants and came up through maintenance so can relate to water pouring out of the ground. Remember one break where the column of water could be seen across above the buildings . They got a digger to put his bucket over the flow and there was such force that the digger was bouncing slightly on the front tyres. Was pretty spectacular.
                  56395107_10217538116472234_7821176308334854144_n.jpg

Comment

Hi Eddy.

I set up a tab for 'Woodcarving This Month' on my website a lil' while back. It features a rhyme and a carving each month. When this thread was brought back to life, I noticed my rhyme and thought I'd combine it with a picture of your carving for June's entry. I'll send you a private message to get permission, but perhaps this idea adds a lil' something to this thread??

Along the lines of, "Most plumbers never die; they just move on to do another job that need's doing!!!"

... Permission rec'd. Thanks.
                    Last edited by Rodster; 05-01-2021, 04:15 AM.
                    Rodster
                    https://rodster.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Rodster View Post
                      Hi Eddy.

I set up 'Woodcarving This Month' on my website a lil' while back. It features a rhyme and a carving each month. When this thread was brought back to life, I noticed my rhyme and thought I'd combine it with a picture of your carving for May's entry. I'll send you a private message to get permission, but perhaps this idea adds a lil' something to this thread??

Along the lines of, "Most plumbers never die; they just move on to do another job that need's doing!!!"
                      Rod... I couldn't figure out how to reply to your PM. You have my permission to use the picture if you so desire.

Comment

Send you a PM
                        . . .JoeB

Comment

Oh, your story is so cute. I wanted to hug my parents after reading it. My father also was a plumber until the retirement. He had no license and worked all his life for himself. My father offered also to become a plumber and to continue the deal of his life, but I decided another way. However, I always remember his advice and I cautiously choose plumbing services. I have been addressing to plumber killara for the last 2 years. It provides a 100 % satisfaction warranty. The company did a solid job and the price was fair based on the amount of work they did and the quality of the service

Comment

Hi Eddy,
                            I see the picture now. Nice job. Love the logo on the hat. A very nice touch. hehehe.

Comment

Working...
                            X