Buster and Spook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buster and Spook

Another Lynn O Doughty inspired scene along with some inspiration from my childhood. Growing up I had limited exposure to horses, but as a young person I did frequently come in contact with a horse named Spook. Spook came by his name honestly as everyone was afraid of him and only the diehard horse lovers ever road him.

Very well done . Lynn would be Pleased to see your results. Merle

Comment

Very nice. A lot of great detail!
      Terry

Comment

Nice scene, lots of detail, well done.
        Joe

Comment

Certainly one to be proud of and I always enjoy "scenes" with a western theme. Nice detail...gotta like the horse.
          Bill
          Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

Wonderful. I'd swap rope and rifle unless he was in a hot spot and simply swing towards shoulder grabbing the trigger and fire on the fly.

Comment

Thats a fine looking horse nice carving & paint cappo99.

Comment

Nice work Capo, Looks like you followed instructions to a tee. I like the scene.
                If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Very well carved scene, I think we owned old Spook or his brother once
                  Herb

Comment

Well, as you can tell by all of the other responses, you really did yourself proud with this carving, painting, and scene. Yipe
                    . . .JoeB

Comment

Very nice! Great carving!
                      Ciao!

Ni.Co - IV3HYD.com

Comment

Certainly can't see too much to criticize here. Nice scene, well carved, great paint and, man, gotta love a 'stache that size!

Tinwood

Comment

Originally posted by lionslair View Post
                          Wonderful. I'd swap rope and rifle unless he was in a hot spot and simply swing towards shoulder grabbing the trigger and fire on the fly.
                          Lionslair,

My original plan was for Buster to hold the reins in his right hand, but i got a little confused when I carved the horses head with a lean to the right. In doing so I had to position Buster in the spot he is in as I had already carved and epoxied the rifle to his left hand. The other option would have had the one exposed eye one the horse facing the back of the scene and I didn't want that. having said all that I will keep in mind your suggestion for my future guffaws.

Comment

Thanks all for the kind words. Currently working on my own ideas/scene hope to be done in a week or two.

Cam

Comment

Working...
                            X