The results of 4 weeks of camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The results of 4 weeks of camping

I haven’t posted in quite awhile, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been carving. We spent the month of July camping in northern Newfoundland, so I took a few blanks, and a couple of knives with me, and when I wasn’t swatting mosquitoes and blackflies I managed to get a little carving done. I waited until we got home before I burned the details and painted them. So here is the results of a wonderful summer ( I’d recommend it to anyone … ) and a couple of pics of a few of the MANY icebergs that we saw on our travels.
    Attached Files
    If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Well done Soggy, Newfoundland in summer would be a delight, except for the black flies and skeeters! Some beautiful country up there. Glad you got some quiet time for carving.

Bob
    Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Aw, they "eyes" have it. Always enjoy seeing your works Soggy. Brrr, Don't think you would do much swimming
      . . .JoeB

Comment

Those look awesome! The carvings and the scenery!

Comment

Hi Wayne , you knocked out 23 Cravings in the Month , that's about 1 a day , Wow ! Did you have any time for anything else ? I was wondering where you were . All great Carvings , no surprise here . Merle

Comment

Excellent work, and a good way to spend vacation time.

Claude
            My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/

My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/

My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Looks like a nice vacation and better when coupled with carving. Nice pieces there Soggy and the ones in the middle, off the boards, look like new ones? All look great...
              Bill
              Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

Nice work and a great way to spend a vacation.
                Joe

Comment

Mighty fine pictures, Soggy
                  Herb

Comment

Lard tunderin' Jaysus bye looks like ya been some busy! Fine looking crop. I'd say ya got Christmas almost covered der.

Tinwood

Comment

Soggy, those are fantastic, and looks like you had a great area to camp, what a scene. love the Santa ornaments.

Comment

Hi Soggy, Glad you are back. I didn't know there were any icebergs left. Always great to see your wonderful carvings. Great vacation.
                        If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Ellis View Post
                          Hi Soggy, Glad you are back. I didn't know there were any icebergs left. Always great to see your wonderful carvings. Great vacation.
                          Thanks for all the great comments guys,... Tom , each year is different when it comes to icebergs . It takes them two years to get to the coast of Newfoundland from the time they break off the glaciers on the west coast of Greenland. Then it depends a lot on wind direction and currents as to how close they actually come to Newfoundland . Some may pass by very close, others may be several hundred miles off shore. The best (most likely) time to see them is from Early June to late July, but they have been known to pass by as late as September on ocassion
                          If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

So much for global warming, I'm going to believe you next time. It just keeps reminding us how awesome nature is. I'm still glad you are back.
                            If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Working...
                            X