Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Story Of Ma and Pa and The Outhouse!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Story Of Ma and Pa and The Outhouse!

Pa is doing his daily constitutional reading in the outhouse one hot summer evening. As he finishes, he stands up, and begins to pull his pants up. As his pants are coming up a dollar and fifty cents falls out of his pocket and lands in the hole from which he has just risen. Pa loudly exclaims, "Dagnammit!", as he hurriedly tries to pull his suspenders up.

He then tries to turn around but there is not enough room in the outhouse. Pa opens the door, steps out, turns back toward the outhouse, removes a 20-dollar bill from his wallet, and throws it down into the hole.

Ma’s standing outside waiting to use the facilities. So, she asks him, "Hey Pa, what was goin’ through your pea pickin’ brain that ya gone ahead and done that for?"

To which Pa replies, "Well Ma, I'm dang sure not goin’ in there for a buck fifty."

Always love outhouse art, especially with a great story attached. Very nice job and the one suspender is a nice accent.
    Bill
    Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

Spoken almost from experience--- Great job on your carving & painting, is ma's apron a decal? really set it off
      . . .JoeB

Comment

Excellent work, Eddy!

Claude
        My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/

My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/

My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Great carvings great story!!

Comment

I am laughing, Eddie, good story good carving, Was your medical procedure good news?
            Herb

Comment

I love this little scene and the story! I too, like the one suspender and the apron, very nice touches. I am sure a lot of us can relate to that particular little house out back.

Comment

Originally posted by woodburner807 View Post
                Always love outhouse art, especially with a great story attached. Very nice job and the one suspender is a nice accent.
                Burner... Thanks but I assure you that the story is not original nor was the idea for the one suspender. I have a pattern for a similar Hillbilly (Challenged Appalachian if you may) on my computer. I haven't the slightest idea where it came from so in the interest of full disclosure, both the carving and the story are my take on someone elses' creativity.

Comment

Originally posted by joepaulbutler View Post
                  Spoken almost from experience--- Great job on your carving & painting, is ma's apron a decal? really set it off
                  Joe... Yes. I wanted the apron to look like it was made from an old grain sack so I found the image on Goggle that I liked, downloaded it, played with it awhile, and then printed it out using Scribus.

Comment

Originally posted by uvawyo View Post
                    I am laughing, Eddie, good story good carving, Was your medical procedure good news?
                    Herb.... Tomorrow morning at 0945 is "D-day." Will know then. Thanks for asking.

Comment

Nice carving Eddy. Looks like Ma & Pa are waiting their turn. Here's wishing you good news.
                      Joe

Comment

Originally posted by JoeVM View Post
                        Nice carving Eddy. Looks like Ma & Pa are waiting their turn. Here's wishing you good news.
                        Thanks Joe!

Comment

I've got a smile from ear to ear Eddie. Nicely done. Best of luck with the doc.

Tinwood

Comment

Thank you all for your comments and wishes.... I saw the doctor this morning and he had good and bad news. The bad news is that the biopsies taken during my surgery were positive for cancer. The good news is, he believes he got it all and no chemo is necessary at this time. More bad news is that I have to go back on a three month cystoscope exam schedule so that he can keep track of it. To quote Kris Kristofferson, "Yesterday's gone sweet Jesus and tomorrow may never be mine,Yes just for my sake teach me to take one day at a time"

Comment

Certainly hope they caught in time Eddy. Have never had to do any of these things so, not really sure what you are saying, but do wish you the best.
                              . . .JoeB

Comment

Working...
                              X