Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deer creek 9/30 and seminar

Wayne finished this large cowboy with his small dog this week
    I attended a Dave Stetson class in Loveland this week end these are what he taught the carvings are His not mine. I listened and watched and learned a lot and didn't carve much.
    IMG_1861.JPGIMG_1862.JPGIMG_1855.JPGIMG_1856.JPGIMG_1858.JPG
    Herb

All great carvings, but I'm partial to the cowboy/sheriff and his dog...very appealing composition.
    Bill
    Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

Those are great carvings, unique style on the faces, and the detailing is spot on.

Shawna

Comment

Love that cowboy Herb. You can tell Wayne he did a bang-up job on that work. Don't get too much opportunity up here north of the 49th parallel to have talented people like Dave Stetson come and teach. Don't know if they're afraid of the polar bears, frostbite or Canucks in general but it sure would be nice if we could persuade a few to come for a visit and teach us some stuff. Not so easy for us to go south either. US customs and border people have really been giving us a hard time trying to enter lately. Especially if you're toting 'weapons' (carving tools to us). Gotta do what they gotta do I guess.

Tinwood

Comment

Wayne did great on his cowboy and Stetson's a great teacher. Thanks for posting, Herb.
          Joe

Comment

The Santa is simply amazing to my eyes, but all of them are inspiring, I bet it was an interesting time there!
            G2

Comment

I think that a few sessions with the Deer Creek group could push a carver's skills a long way.
              Brian T

Comment

Working...
              X