I call him Pinocchio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I call him Pinocchio

I don't know why I called him that, but that is his name. Basswood, about 9" tall. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
    If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Well Tom if he ever does tell a lie, at least his nose won't get sun burned..
    Reminds me of the type of hat that the fishermen used back in the 50' and 60's when they were harpooning swordfish .
    Attached Files
    If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

Dang Tom, this is a great carving & paint job. How hard was it to keep from breaking that bill off?
      . . .JoeB

Comment

Well Soggy, He cannot tell a lie.

Joe, The hat is an add-on, so the grain is going with the bill.
        If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Fine carving and the bill really draws attention to him, Tom. Very nice piece and also painting. I really like the fellow and waiting for him to tell a lie.
          Bill
          Living among knives and fire.

http://www.texaswoodartist.com

Comment

Hi Tom, I got a Cap like that , not quite that long but bigger than normal . Keeps the Sun out of your Eyes . Great Carving , kinda looks like Wayne's ( Soggy ) little Guy . Nothing wrong with that . You have been Busy . Merle

Comment

That is some bill on the cap, It'll make it hard to kiss his wife
              Herb

Comment

Excellent Job!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks Bill, for your nice comments,

thanks Merle for taking a look, and you are right about the body position.

Thanks Herb. He doesn't have a wife at this point in time.

Thanks Hot Texas,, he could have been a cowboy.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

That looks great. I really like the expression on his face, and the shoes. What do you put on them to get that sheen? Thanks
                    Anders.
                    ‚Äčhttps://www.etsy.com/shop/BlackBladesNW

Comment

Thanks for looking, A final coat of Deft satin finish spray is what I use. It is on the entire carving.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Made me smile Tom. There's a guy with a hat like that in a TV ad. I never thought about carving him.
                        Joe

Comment

Hi Joe, That is where I got the idea from. Didn,t want to carve the sandwich though.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Really great job!

Comment

Nice work, cool carving.

Bob
                              Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Working...
                              X