Eli goes huntin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli goes huntin'

With all this self isolation going on Aunt Sophi has been busying herself by cleaning the pantry cupboards and she noticed that grub was starting to get low so she mentioned it to Uncle Eli and told him he'd better do somthin' about it. Well Uncle Eli figured it'd be safer to go shoot himself a bear rather than go shopping in that big fancy supermarket in town. There's only two things that Uncle Eli is scared of,...Covid 19 and Aunt Sophi.....
    Finished up this one today. He's 9" high including the base.....
    Hope you like him
    Wayne SSRN March 31 2020 008.JPGSSRN March 31 2020 007.JPGSSRN March 31 2020 006.JPGSSRN March 31 2020 004.JPGSSRN March 31 2020 005.JPGSSRN March 31 2020 003.JPGSSRN March 31 2020 002.JPG
    If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Hi Wayne
    The carving sure fits the story, nuther real great SSRN
    Bruce

Comment

You have sure got that plaid down pat, Soggy. Like him and good background story too.
      Herb

Comment

Both the carving and the story brought a smile to my face. Thank you Soggy

Comment

Hi Wayne , Thanks for the Smile of the Day . Uncle Eli is one Lovable Guy . Merle

Comment

Nice work Soggy!

Comment

Ah,, Soggy ya just got me on this one. Just hope he fills the bins.
              Chuck

Chuck
              Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

https://woodensmallthings.blogspot.com/2021/01/

Comment

Great piece, Soggy. Fantastic story, too.
                Stu

Comment

Well done Soggy, I love him. Great stance, well carved and painted. The piece tells a great story.

Bob
                  Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

You keep them coming, don't you? thanks for the humor. great carving and PAINTING!
                    . . .JoeB

Comment

Nice story and carving, Wayne, and the rifle really set him off.
                      Bill
                      Living among knives and fire.

http://www.texaswoodartist.com

Comment

He sure has a nice looking shirt. Hope he gets that bear and doesn't have to go to that supermarket.
                        Joe

Comment

Wow, that is great. The paint job on that shirt looks amazing. The knife on the hip is a great feature too. Really nice all around.
                          Anders.
                          ‚Äčhttps://www.etsy.com/shop/BlackBladesNW

Comment

Working...
                          X