Santa for President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santa for President

Santa is running for president --- of the North Pole Carving Club. He's unopposed, as nobody wants the job except him, but he wants to make a little speech and tell everyone what he wants to get done.

This is from the pattern by Bob K in the last WCI. Thanks Bob.
    DSCN6263.JPGDSCN6266.JPG
    DSCN6264.JPGDSCN6265.JPG
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.
    Joe

Hi Joe , That should Please Bob on how it turned out . Good Detailing all round . Merle

Comment

Very good at last a man that shows his face . And looking upwards for support :=). I do think he has his hands covered up, so the shaking won't show? HA.
      I like this one for sure. Chuck
      Chuck
      Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

https://woodensmallthings.blogspot.com/2021/01/

Comment

Thanks Merle. It's not as good as Bob's but it's cute anyway.
        Thanks, yes Chuck, it's a pretty simple figure but I see where I didn't get his face smooth enough.
        Joe

Comment

I'd definitely cast my vote for him,great job.
          Mark N. Akers
          My Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KarolinaKarver

Comment

Originally posted by JoeVM View Post
            Thanks Merle. It's not as good as Bob's but it's cute anyway.
            Thanks, yes Chuck, it's a pretty simple figure but I see where I didn't get his face smooth enough.
            Well, Joe,, I think the face is just great, by that I mean if I were lucky enough to get a piece of wood that was "kind of a critter" and still have it come out like this guy did.
            I would feel OK about it. Some times when, just before I start to finish I will use the back of a blade and rub down the high spots to help smother them out.

I also have some deer horn pieces/tines, that work real well for making "blushing out" of rough areas and it shines up sand marks too. But as always.. It is your project,, And who else will see it if you don't say a thing.

My wife says, I try too hard but I have painted this Owl I have about 4 times now, still disappointed and having a heck of a time learning to paint. And as one of our fine folks said, its wood why paint it?? Have a great day, I like the new president..
            Chuck
            Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

https://woodensmallthings.blogspot.com/2021/01/

Comment

Well sure, Great carving, Joe!
              Herb

Comment

Hey Joe, Sounds like you are speaking from experience. Great job. I vote for him.
                If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Thanks Mark. Thanks Chuck, sometimes I just need to look more closely before I paint.
                  Thanks Herb. Thanks Tom, I know our club is always looking for a new president. Wish we could draft Santa.
                  Joe

Comment

Nicely done, Joe, and a Santa for president is a good idea.
                    Bill
                    Living among knives and fire.

http://www.texaswoodartist.com

Comment

Great carving!

Comment

Thanks, Woodburner. I'm sure he would get lots of votes.
                        Thanks, Tbox.
                        Joe

Comment

Awesome job, Joe!

Comment

What are you trying to butter him up, wanting to run for VP? another good one Joe.
                            . . .JoeB

Comment

Nice job Joe !... shouldn't be any problem for him to get elected, even if there's a bunch of other candidates . Everyone loves Santa.
                              Wayne
                              If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

Working...
                              X