Bearly Enough Health Care Workers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearly Enough Health Care Workers!

DSC09990.JPGBack in April when this this pandemic was just building up a head of steam China was promoting bear bile as a coronavirus treatment, alarming wildlife advocates. This was very alarming to environmentalists because China had just signed an international agreement on the shipment of animal parts for food. This little bear has managed to evade Xi Jinping's policy contradiction because he's classified as an essential healthcare worker!
    !

Cool bear carving, Eddy>
    Herb

Comment

He's a TEDDYCARE BEAR.
      Well done Eddy!

Comment

Nifty carving and nice background story, Eddy.

Bill
        Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

A crazing world right now, but at least there are those who have still got their sense of humor, well done
          . . .JoeB

Comment

Nice carving, Eddy!

Claude
            My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/

My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/

My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Hi Eddy
              Nice little carving buddy, The corona thing has become a real nightmare. Am real glad we closed the borders in time to prevent a major breakout of the thing.

As to the Chinese well they seem to think bear bile is the eighth wonder of the world that will supposedly cure anything and everything except the stupidity of going down that path and the cruelty to the poor bears who are exploited for a bit of oriental witchcraft.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Jennings View Post
                Hi Eddy
                Nice little carving buddy, The corona thing has become a real nightmare. Am real glad we closed the borders in time to prevent a major breakout of the thing.

As to the Chinese well they seem to think bear bile is the eighth wonder of the world that will supposedly cure anything and everything except the stupidity of going down that path and the cruelty to the poor bears who are exploited for a bit of oriental witchcraft.
                Glen..... Eastern medicine is older than western. Not all of their so called cures are fake. For many, many years the western medical community looked down their noses at much of what the Chinese practiced. I've visited a Chinese pharmacist a number of times over my years in the martial arts. Some of their rubs and healing slaves and lotions can do much to eliminate pain and speed up recovery. And as a person who takes blood thinners and can't take regular western pain killers and other over the counter medicines I can't say enough about acupuncture and acupressure . My only beef with eastern medicine and eastern foods is their continuation to use animal parts even though many of those same animals are on threatened and endangered species lists. But it's not only the Chinese that are completely at fault. The countries that still allow the illegal trade of such parts are just as guilty. It doesn't matter whether it's bear bile, sharks fins, Rhino horns, tiger parts....etc, there is no excuse to eliminate an entire species of animal for the benefit of mankind. The following quote from Google is absolutely sickening and incomprehensible.

"Raking in nearly $6 billion a year on an international scale, the trade in wildlife parts is the third most profitable on the black market after the drug and weapons trade. Currently, almost 60% of the Chinese population and at least 10 million Americans believe in the medicinal use of tiger body parts."

Comment

Hi Eddy
                  agreed on some of it being good. Have had a guy sort out my back using their form of deep fibre massage. Nothing else worked but that did.

Can understand where there is some significant medical study been done on it but a lot of it has no known value and it is to that that I made my comment. Also agree that it doesn't matter who is indulging in this sort of trade it should be banned or at least restricted to animals farmed for the purpose and treated humanely. Cetainly not anything on the endangered species list should be used in any way .

Comment

Working...
                  X