Clear All

• Claude
    replied
    Good one, Eddy! Got me to grin...

Claude

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Jennings
    replied
    Nice one eddy, a great little scene and interesting in that it was inspired by your own life experiance. That makes it kind of special and a keeper i think.

Leave a comment:

• JoeVM
    replied
    That's a cute one Eddy.

Leave a comment:

• Brian T
    replied
    Baking big slabs of spiced pie pumpkin has become a little bit of a tradition in my house.
    Began with my kids when toddlers.
    I'll pass on the pee pumpkin. The rest bring up some great supper memories.

Leave a comment:

• woodburner807
    replied
    Excellent scene, Eddy, and sure brings back a flood of memories. Love the dog.

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Eddy, Good Job, brought Memories from years ago . Merle

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    A real GRINNER , for sure

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied
    Well done Eddy. Brought a smill to my face.

Leave a comment:

• Eddy-Smiles
    started a topic Pumpkins For Sale!

Pumpkins For Sale!

Every year for around 25-years during our annual Fall pilgrimage to Tennessee we’d always make sure that we came back with plenty of apples, pie pumpkins and sweet potatoes. One of our primary sources for the pumpkins and sweet potatoes was an old farmer that set up shop alongside Tennessee Highway 68S just west of Tellico Plains. It was a great spot for him and very convenient for us as we’d have to pass his truck and trailer loaded with veggies any time we wanted to venture to Sweetwater or Maryville for shopping, or to spend a day up in the Smoky Mountains National Park. Memories of him alongside the roadway selling his delicious pie pumpkins and taters was the inspiration for this scene. The hound dog giving his blessing to one of the pumpkins is my addition but I can just imagine what that old farmer might say had his dog actually peed on his produce…… “My gourd dog! Can’t you find someplace else to do your business. I’m trying to sell this stuff!”

Pumpkins For Sale (9).JPG Pumpkins For Sale (5).JPG Pumpkins For Sale (4).JPG
Working...
X