Little HoBo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little HoBo

My wife had meetings with her work down in Asheville.NC on Tues & Wed of this wk. We left early Tues morning{about a 1 hr 35mins} drive trying to beat the snow and ice that was coming in that area. We did beat it and once in the hotel,she had 35 mins before her meeting as I unpacked our things.

Before she left for her meeting down stairs,she ask me what would I do all day?? I smiled and pulled a little piece of bass wood from my coat pocket.

She came back on her morning break,hows your carving coming along? I had this little hobo about through. Oh,Just use that plastic tray that is in a hotel that has glasses,coffee maker and cups on it,it makes a nice way of catching chips in your lap while you are carving in a hotel.

Course I had to wait till we got home Wed nite, and I got to paint him this morning. His toes are carved then painted,it would have been easy to just paint him some but I wanted all 5 toes carved before I painted them.

Hes 3/4 X 1 1/4 X 1 3/4 inches. carved in bass wood. If I had the time,I could had a good story along with this little hobo with his toes stickn out and his hands in his pockets.

Im missing carving with doing some things here in our home like the knotty pine walls Ive been working on plus now theres a woman that works with my sister in law who has changed her mind so many times about me painting her 2 pit bull dogs on this,then on that and now lets carve them. Shes emailed me since the middle of Dec.07 least once to twice a wk and always has changed her mind again.

Now she wants them carved/course I will paint them also,she wants them by next Wed/30th I told her yesterday,send me least half of my money.I always get a deposit, She is sending me all of my money today via my sister n law.

I had told her,I dont have any wood ready,in the winter,I use alot of new cutting boards,thats fine she said, I will carve her dogs one on each of the two 8 X 11 cutting boards I bought. Soooooo I sure hope to be able to carve some more soon of what I really enjoy.Im haven alot of fun,carving this bass wood,can you tell?? LOL

Your thoughts on this little HoBo are more than welcome. Thks again~
    Forrest

Re: Little HoBo

Forrest, He really looks good and the toes, beard and hat are a great addition to the carving. Even though you 'think' you didn't have a story, you still managed to write 29 lines.LOL Thanks for sharing I really enjoyed it and looking forward to seeing the pit bulls.

Dan

Comment

Well? For someone thats short in breathing Im sure long winded on writting! LOL Im bad about talking too! I didnt real-I's Id written so much! Yea I have to get on the dogs,guess tonight I will try in drawing them on the cutting boards then start relief carving them tomorrow and when Im through with that,paint them and attach hangers on the backs. See,I did it again when all I wanted to say to you Dan,WAS thank you sir and Im glad you liked this hobo! Thks again,Forrest

Comment

I really like his toes poking through his shoes, and that hat is great.

I always seem to have trouble with hats!

Comment

Thanks Pete. Its not a real snap down button bill cap but just one I came up with. I also wanted to try and show his toes poken out in one shoe. This is my 5 th little bass wood carving and I hope to improve in the future. Im glad you liked him Pete and thanks again for your nice thoughts. Forrest

Comment

forrest,

looks good, it is a good thing we all have carving to keep us out of trouble.

bart

Comment

Speak for yourself Bart, I wake up every morning in trouble!!!!!!LOL

Nice one Forrest! I to like the toes

Comment

AWwwwwww I dont know about that Bart! LOL
                LOL= Lots of Luck on my part keeping out of trouble!! Thks Bart!! Forrest

P.S when I was a young guy,we would get in trouble and talk & brag about it,now Im older and wiser,we still get in trouble but I just dont talk about it... Hahhh Heee~

Comment

Kenny Im glad you liked this little hobo! As I always said, theres noting wrong with a big nose and hanging out toes!! LOL Thks again Kenny

Forrest

Comment

Forrest .. he's great .. so tiny .. yet so much character ..

your minatures are always a joy to see ..

but your painting is always a joy to examine the great details in it ..

great job ole friend ..

Gene

Comment

Forrest, Good little HoBo.

Arnold

Comment

Forrest, my friend, you have another winner there! My God, how do you carve so small??? The toes are incredible. And he is just as cute as a button! Wonderful carving and painting, as well. You really bring them to life so well with the painting end of it. Bonnie

Comment

Forrest, having just finished a kittle guy, 2 inches bt one inch I can now appreciate the work involvedm, I had no idea whar I was getting into when I started. I commend you sir, that's a fine little fellow ya got there. I hope to post a pic of my little guy tomorrow. My camera has been messed up but is now ready to go again. Thanks for posting your pix.
                          Cliff

Comment

Thank you Gene,Im just haven fun with this bass wood! Gald you enjoyed this little hobo!! your olde buddy,Forrest

Comment

Thank you Arnold Hes sure nothing compared to your great work but its fun for me to try. Thanks again,Forrest

Comment

Working...
                              X