Going to the Church Social

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to the Church Social

My latest woodcarving from the lazy-boy studio. I tried my best to make him good, spent almost two weeks o him, hope it was worth the effort (I think it was). I hope you like him, I think he turned out pretty good. I think of him as the old guy fixing to go to the Church Social to meet the ladies, and most especially to dive into the pot luck. He is ready to go out and drive the pickup to town as soon as he gets the tilt on his hat just right. He is looking forward to some fried chicken, but most of all he hopes that widow lady he has his eye on brings some of her famous ambrosia, that is his favorite (OK, it is my favorite, but he likes it too). This guy is 8 inches tall and still needs his coat of poly, but it is way too cold to put that on in either the garage or the patio. I welcome comments and critiques as usual.
    I hope you all stay warm and safe this week with the big winter storm affecting a good chuck of the USA, and recommend you stay inside and carve until Monday instead of driving...its a good excuse so try it on your bosses (both work bosses and wives) and see if it works.

Re: Going to the Church Social

Hey Slow you did an Excellent job Painting and Carving, be Proud of it. Merle

Comment

Good one Slow. The weather is starting to get a bit colder up here too, although today is almost like a fine spring day (I'm sure it won't last long) I didn't realize that you had that type of weather in Amarillo; I thought it was usually warm in that part of the country.
      Anyway it shows that you have put your time to good use and are enjoying yourself
      Soggy
      If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

They say the only thing that separates Texas from Alaska in a barbed wire fence Today I would agree.
        Slow very nice in deed. Ginny

Comment

Nice job Slow.
          I like the suspended tie, feather and belt details.

Comment

Lovely job Slow and excellent detail

Shakey

Comment

There is a natural flow to his pose.

Comment

Like a bunch.

Comment

I'd say that widow lady is going to be impressed, as she should be.

Nice job, Tom
                  If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Nice job Slow, carving and painting.

Comment

Another good one Slow!
                      Lazy boy studio, that cracks me up

Randy

Comment

Slow, nice work, super movement in your piece, you ought to be proud! Me? Im heading to the gelatin salad!
                        www. woodcarvingsbyeric.com

Comment

Great carving. You captured the look you were after!

Comment

Good job Slow, on both the carving and painting.Your getting better all the time. fred k

Comment

Like your story, he fits it real well. I am really liking the hat, the painting makes it look soft and real.
                              We have very cold weather here now, and a few inches of snow. As much as I would like to tell my boss I am staying home, I'm guessing that won't fly with him. Someone has to drive around and put the mail in the boxes and drop off all these Black Friday/ cyber Monday packages. Unfortunately, I signed up for the insanity a dozen plus years ago. I do talk to myself sometimes, when I'm up in the mountains...kinda like 'what was I thinking!' Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X