Hobo and Ned finally hit the Rails!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobo and Ned finally hit the Rails!

I am very excited to tell you that this project is completed...and, I know that you are very excited to not have to put up with any more of my updates!

In a couple of weeks I hope to be at a show in Hamilton, Ontario with this carving and am looking forward to spending the day with my daughter who now lives near by.

Thanks for putting up with all of my updates on this slow coming project...your comments and suggestions really helped me stay motivated to complete this one.

There are a few more photos of the completed version on my blog right now if you have a minute.

Thanks, Mark.

Re: Hobo and Ned finally hit the Rails!

That's a great project Mark and I know you have put a lot of time into it as it shows in the finished results. Hope you do well in the upcoming show
    Wayne
    If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

Hi Mark, some things take time to do to end up Well Done and this Carving sure falls into that group. This is a very well done Carving as is all of your Carvings. The Painting is Excellent also and if you don't win a Ribbon at the Show it's Fixed. Enjoy seeing your pieces and Good Luck at the Show. Merle

Comment

I am really impressed with the detail you put into that carving. I did visit your blog and I liked the way you did the wheels. I would never have thought of that. I will go back and check out how you did the rifle on your corporal. I have (in storage) a mountain man but have not been satisfied with the way I did the rifle so he needs a rifle and hands. I may use some of your ideas.

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

Simply fantastic!

Comment

Outstanding carving, should win hands down at any sow it goes to. Great movement depicted by the carving, I expect it to scoot right off the table while I am looking at it.

Comment

Wonderful! Love everything about it. Incredible work.
                Terry

Comment

I have been waiting with baited breath for the photos of the finished piece. And it was well worth the wait! Excellent work, Mark!
                  You better rent a U-Haul to take to Hamilton to carry all the ribbons home cause this carving is definitely a big winner.
                  Herb

Comment

Mark,

Absolutely Great> Everything came togethr just perfect. Thanks for sharing.

Safe Carving and God Bless,

Mark

Comment

Great carving, Mark!

Claude
                      My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
                      My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
                      My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
                      My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Its been a pleasure to follow these two characters from start to almost the finish
                        the completion will be the ribbon from your show lying alongside the trolley car and I look forward to seeing that great photograph
                        Your scene is truly awesome

Shakey

Comment

Sorry to say that I haven't been following the progress of your project, but WOW what a completion! Excellent detail and lots of action. Hard to beat that work, Mark!

Al

Comment

Very nice scene. The little dog is a show stealer.
                            Joe

Comment

Absolutely fantastic Mark, I would love to see you take home a best of show for this marvelous piece of work.

Love it, Tom
                              If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Working...
                              X