Cowboy Meditation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboy Meditation

Some of you may recognize this from the WIP 'catalpa cowboy' post. He's all painted up and sitting on display in our family room. It was a fun project, got to use some of my larger tools and my mallet for a nice change of pace. Carving the catalpa wasn't too bad, although a bit tougher than basswood. Any comments or suggestions are welcome, as always.

Hope it gave you a smile,

Jesse

Re: Cowboy Meditation

A couple more views.

Jesse

Comment

Great painting! You are an exceptional beer can carver! Well, everything looks great but the beer cans add that special touch.

Comment

Way to go Jesse, I'll drink to that one. Looks like he forgot his fishing pole.

Tom
        If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

I agree with Tom. You think I could have a beer? Ginny

Comment

His thoughts must be pleasant from the look on his face.

Comment

Too funny! Great carving.
              Terry

Comment

Great carving......how big is it?

Comment

Thanks for the responses everyone. I'm happy it made you grin.

Debbie, I've seen many 'go bys' over the years and created a few of my own to have a pretty good mental image of what a beer can should look like.

Tom - He left the pole in the truck, didn't see any need to pretend what his intentions were.

Dan - He is at peace with himself. I think a little fly on his chin would have been a good addition, just not very good at carving miniatures.

Ginny - Beers are in the cooler, help yourself.

Bob - The carving measures 14" long and 6" tall.

Jesse

Comment

Brought a immediate metal picture of someone I know . Alway bought the beer and forgot the worms when he went fishing.

The carving is excellent , but the painting detail is outstanding. . .JoeB
                    . . .JoeB

Comment

Hey, that's my kind of fishing. Hope he don't drift too far. A fun one for sure and made me smile.
                      Joe

Comment

Joe B If he would have remembered the worms he might have caught some fish. This could reduce the alloted for beer and naps.

Joe VM Maybe next time he might want to at least take an anchor to keep from drifting too far. He doesn't appear to have any paddles, but he also doesn't appear to be too concerned either.

Comment

That's cool! It never fails, I always see that fella on the water and sometimes he's in my boat.
                          Well done.
                          Greg

Comment

Jesse, absolutely super work, detail, subject....my questions have been answered already. Thanks for sharing!
                            www. woodcarvingsbyeric.com

Comment

Excellent carving, Jesse! I agree with Debbie - those cans are phenomenal!

Claude
                              My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
                              My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
                              My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
                              My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Working...
                              X