Need alittle advice...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need alittle advice...........

Wayne, ​You need to carve the Santa as they look the day before Christmas, not the day after . I agree with Tom, this is a fine collection. In your quest to make him happier, don't forget what you have developed with these fine bunch of guts "Thumbs Up"
    . . .JoeB
    . . .JoeB

Comment

I agree with the advise given and I'm not even seasoned yet..
      Simple small changes to the facial elements can really effect expressions. I'm all the time drawing, redrawing on my carvings and carving, recarving... I really get a kick out of how it changes.
      These drawings kind of illustrates:
      Attached Files
      Greg

Comment

Wayne, They are a bunch a fine looking Santas, Maybe they look a little tired but it IS after Christmas and it takes those of us who are a little grey around the muzzle a while to recover.
        Herb

Comment

wayne
          i aree with the carvers that say you have your own style which stand your carvings out no need for change
          shakey

Comment

Soggy, find pics of smiling people/santas. I think you will see its as simple as :roll eyes: U or upside down U. Upturned eyebrows, the outside end of eyes, the shape of cheeks, mouth, even mustache look happier when upturned. And the opposite for downturned-The character looks older, sadder, meaner etc. Lar

Comment

I have found that if I carve teeth in my Santas, they tend to look happier

Comment

Soggy, first great job on the Ornament, I agree with the comments to arch the eye brows up, also turn up the Mustache as it would help simulate a smile as Pictured, keep up the great job.
                Attached Files
                Mark N. Akers
                My Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KarolinaKarver

Comment

Working...
                X