No announcement yet.

Christmas Sales this Year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do about 20 Santas a year Like Merle It is to help support my tool habit. I do a few cane and walkingstick commissions and buy supplies for the canes I do for fellow vets when I can. I spent a number of years doing small shows shows and had a web site for a time. It takes a large commitment of time and effort and money to make carving more than a hobby. I go to the shop to relax and create things for the sake of doing it. I don't want to lose that.

Comment

I would have to agree with you Randy. Although I do enjoy making money I too would not want to loose the time to create and relax at this point in my life relaxing is well deserved. Thanks for your post.
      ~ Dwight
      "Hello, I am the Friggin' Happiness Fairy and I just sprinkled happy dust on you, so smile damit' this crap is expensive."

Comment

Six years ago I participated in 4 carving shows and sales per year. The sales of Christmas ornaments were the leaders, and those along with the Noahs Ark sales financed my vacation in Florida during the late winter, I gave up the Noah Ark commissions several years ago, because they took all of the enjoyment out of making the arks and carving the animals - regardless of how much $ I charged. I now only participate in one show per year (Dayton). I get so much more enjoyment out of collecting addresses of special friends old and new, and just send some ornamentst at Christmas time. The old saying "it's more fun to give than to receive" is sure true for me........

Tom H
        http://beginnerscarvingcorner.blogspot.com/

Comment

I could not agree more Tom, the special look on a persons face when they receive a carving as a gift replaces all the money in the world.... makes all worth while.
          Thanks for posting.
          ~ Dwight
          "Hello, I am the Friggin' Happiness Fairy and I just sprinkled happy dust on you, so smile damit' this crap is expensive."

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight View Post
            I could not agree more Tom, the special look on a persons face when they receive a carving as a gift replaces all the money in the world.... makes all worth while.
            Thanks for posting.
            I couldn't agree more. Sure its nice to be recognized through sales but nothing beats the feeling of carving something for someone else just because you want to make 'them' feel special.
            Its one of the best feelings in the world.

Comment

Hi Nikki
              Every craft sale I do and carving demos i always have a bunch of give a ways to kids that look at my carving wide eyeds and smile when I give them a small carving, it sure makes my day
              Bruce
              Bruce

Comment

Working...
              X