Looking for great chainsaw carving

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for great chainsaw carving

Looking for great chainsaw carving that can sculpt my 3 tree’s.
    if you are in California great if not I can provide your stay.
    I need to help ASAP of course money involved
    i’m in Los Angeles area.
    Thank you very much

I know a guy here on the East Coast of Canada who could go nuts with wood like that, perhaps if you paid for his flight out and back, your dream could come true! His work is pretty great!

Bob
    Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Eddie: Can you find a number for the state bureau of tourism? They should have listings for chainsaw carving competitions.
      Every state has at least a few, these days!. That's when you will find the talent. Packages of pictures, requests for proposals.
      Brian T

Comment

Thank you Squbrigg thank you Robson.

i’m new on this site. Before signing on this forum I was checking images on the web then when I see something that I like I try to contact the chainsaw carver.

A lot of good are Outstate and doesn’t want to come to California .

i want something with details.

something that if you past in my neighborhood you have to come in front of my house to see the beautiful job so maze it is.

I have someone to contact me three days ago send me the work book of his budy.

(Of course he was telling that he did all the carving)

I did like the book job so ask him when he could come carve.

he was in North California and rent a truck the next day and came to perform the job in Los Angeles.

I cut the top of the tree to make it easy for the carver.

When he arrived he was a very nice man I order pizza then after we try to find a good fit together to carve.

but all the time that I said:

I like this or I like that with a lot of details he was telling me you don’t have enough place or enough material so I check his work and tell him what about what you did on this picture it’s kind same tree!!

He was finding excuse again. I find him suspicious so I bring him a piece of wood from the tree that I cut previously.

I ask him to carve me anything to show me his work.

After making really bad carving I stop him and asked him:

you never did those job on the book don’t you? Then he tell me that he never carve a tree, he liar to me.

He do arts on metal and granite!!! He was telling me no worries I can do the job.

If I can work on metal and granite i can do it on tree.

I preferred end the story here.

I feel bad that he came from north California so I did give him the money to pay the truck and gasoline.

I’m not a rich guy but I’m honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Hollywood View Post
          Looking for great chainsaw carving that can sculpt my 3 tree’s.
          if you are in California great if not I can provide your stay.
          I need to help ASAP of course money involved
          i’m in Los Angeles area.
          Thank you very much
          I'd check with the chamber of commerce in Santa Cruz county CA. Great man in Felton and there are others in Bolder Creek and elsewhere. I used to live in Felton.
          Good luck.
          Martin

Comment

Sorry to hear that your first experience went sour. I am sure that a place like California must have plenty of good chainsaw carvers, you just have to keep looking. Perhaps a post in the WCI magazine would help. I'm sure all good carvers read the magazine . Best of luck finding the right carver.

Bob
            Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Yes indeed. That is Redwood country. The entire valley was clear cut except for two parks kept by the lumber men. We have their Partner Desk ourselves. Highway 9 (state) used to be private but now state. (private into the 50's) It having two major parks and being where it is - it was traveled by lots of vacation types buying everything they carved. Bears to birds. and every thing else. The valley was clear cut in 1909 IIRC after the Big one and fire hit SFO. San Fran is rebuilt using Red Wood as building wood. The Stumps on my property were 10-15 feet in Diameter! Monsters. The trees I had were 120-150 foot high I had almost 100 of them that size. All grew in 100 years. They are odd trees, they sometimes twist as they grow. The large limbs swing in large arcs and if your house is in the way, so be it! I had to trim back a number of them while there. The place is covered by Hippies that drive the old vans and do just enough work to stay in gas and what they want. Cool if you can. In the 30's many Hollywood stars would stay there during off season or layoff season. Santa Cruz used to be a gambling center but no more. The train that ran from San Jose closed down - ran on weekends. Now one of the tunnels is a Federal storage site for National Archives. e.g. if a bomb hit.... we would have something left. Three or four sites nation wide were populated. The mountain 'folk' hate the helicopters as they think they are searching for pot farms. Figures. Lots of nice gentle folk.

Comment

Sorry Lyonslair I lost you man.
                i’m just looking for carvers. If anyone know somebody that could be interest please give myself own 310 310 5525.

Comment

Sorry my cellphone: 3103105525

Comment

Eddie: there are lots of redwood chainsaw carvers on Highway 101 between Hopland and Arcata. Go to https://www.google.com and search with redwood bear carving california This will give you a bunch of web pages about redwood carving.

Claude
                    My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/beadman1

My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/

My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

youre close to big bear lake up there in the hills, and theres lots of local chainsaw carvers and carvings up there.
                      Denny

photos at........ http://wiscoden.jimdo.com/

Comment

Hey guys please i’m Still looking to hired a carver.
                        if anyone have phone # don’t hesitate to text me
                        thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                        X