Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark N. Akers
    replied
    Congratulations Ed that is great, and i know it was probably hard to part with.

Leave a comment:

• JMH
    replied
    I really like that carving Ed! Love the finish.
    James

Leave a comment:

• Nebraska
    replied
    Originally posted by Steev View Post
    Congratulations on a sale. How did you go about setting a price? To be honest, I doubt $350 even got close to paying for your time to carve it.
    No advanced math here, considered that it had two areas that required repairs to complete and they were far from hidden then just pick a number and asked for it.

Leave a comment:

• Steev
    replied
    Congratulations on a sale. How did you go about setting a price? To be honest, I doubt $350 even got close to paying for your time to carve it.

Leave a comment:

• Nebraska
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike WNC View Post
    Ed, somehow I missed this post, congratulations on the sale! And if selling your carvings is the route you've decided to take I wish you much success!

Mike
    Since my carvings are on the larger size, I’m kind of at a point of selling, quitting or putting a row of shelves down the center of the living room. So if I can keep myself in wood, golf balls and fly rods by selling I’m in.

Leave a comment:

• Mike WNC
    replied
    Ed, somehow I missed this post, congratulations on the sale! And if selling your carvings is the route you've decided to take I wish you much success!

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Dileon
    replied
    Selling your first work is always exciting means other people enjoy your work enough to put money on it. It helps major in making more challenging works in the future. Happy for you!

Leave a comment:

• scotia carver
    replied
    Congrats
    You will continue to sell your carvings as ones house can not have enough space to keep them all,I can remember my first sale eight years ago
    Bruce

Leave a comment:

• JoeVM
    replied
    Congratulations Ed. A reward for good work.

Leave a comment:

• Arthur C.
    replied
    Way to go, Ed!

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Ed , your Client has good Taste and recognizes a Good Deal . Merle

Leave a comment:

• Nebraska
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian T View Post
    Very, very well done. I hope you signed the carving. I always look for that.
    It's a fine piece of work. Shows off your imagination?
    Selling carvings will keep the clutter off the bench.
    Thanks Brian,

When I started carving my plan was to give my carvings to friends and family. That plan changed when I realized some didn’t really appreciate the work. I came to think by buying a piece they are demonstrating their appreciation.

I sign and date before the last two coats of finish.

Leave a comment:

• Brian T
    replied
    Very, very well done. I hope you signed the carving. I always look for that.
    It's a fine piece of work. Shows off your imagination?
    Selling carvings will keep the clutter off the bench.

Leave a comment:

• Nebraska
    replied
    Originally posted by woodburner807 View Post
    Nice piece to sell and hope you got a decent price for it, Ed. Seems we run in cycles from doing it for our own enjoyment, then selling, and then back to our own enjoyment.
    Thanks Bill
    You know as I decided to sell I thought I’ll just do another and likely it will be a little bit better.

Sold piece for $350 don’t no if it’s good but I’m comfortable with it.

Leave a comment:

• woodburner807
    replied
    Nice piece to sell and hope you got a decent price for it, Ed. Seems we run in cycles from doing it for our own enjoyment, then selling, and then back to our own enjoyment.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X