No announcement yet.

Phil's Phirst Phantastic Phairy House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to pass on Phil's thanks to all who have viewed and those that took the time to comment on his work. He was exceptionally pleased when I relayed your responses to him. He intends to join the site a.s.a.p. but currently is having problems with his internet signal, so has asked me to relay his thanks.
    Regards
    John

p.s. I forgot to point out that the mushroom is a "glue up" and is hollow inside and contains a spiral stairway from the floor to the roof. Also, the piece is 12 inches high and the stem? is the piece in front of Phil in his photograph.
    Last edited by Blinky Bill; 08-14-2016, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Phil is some type of carving prodigy because there's no other way to explain it. Intuitively connected to the Devine.

Comment

Originally posted by joepaulbutler View Post
        I have to wonder, just what did Phil do before he tried carving. He has an amazing gift to just jump in and go. I also think it is a great medium to start a carver in. Way to go John. That is one heck of a piece of bark, is it a composite of more that one piece?
        . . .JoeB
        Sorry Joe,
        somehow I missed your question, when he is working Phil is a driver for the winch that raises and lowers miners and equipment in a gold mine. Phil is currently waiting on a call from his employer to take over the winch at a new mine, he asked me to thank you for your interest. And yes he has glued bark pieces to get the size needed
        Regards
        John

Comment

Phil's Phirst Phantastic Phairy House

Is just wonderful
          08-13-2016, 03:43 AM

Comment

Working...
          X