replied
    Phil's Phirst Phantastic Phairy House

Is just wonderful
    08-13-2016, 03:43 AM

Leave a comment:

• Blinky Bill
    replied
    Originally posted by joepaulbutler View Post
    I have to wonder, just what did Phil do before he tried carving. He has an amazing gift to just jump in and go. I also think it is a great medium to start a carver in. Way to go John. That is one heck of a piece of bark, is it a composite of more that one piece?
    . . .JoeB
    Sorry Joe,
    somehow I missed your question, when he is working Phil is a driver for the winch that raises and lowers miners and equipment in a gold mine. Phil is currently waiting on a call from his employer to take over the winch at a new mine, he asked me to thank you for your interest. And yes he has glued bark pieces to get the size needed
    Regards
    John

Leave a comment:

• Spiritwolfe
    replied
    Phil is some type of carving prodigy because there's no other way to explain it. Intuitively connected to the Devine.

Leave a comment:

• Blinky Bill
    replied
    I would like to pass on Phil's thanks to all who have viewed and those that took the time to comment on his work. He was exceptionally pleased when I relayed your responses to him. He intends to join the site a.s.a.p. but currently is having problems with his internet signal, so has asked me to relay his thanks.
    Regards
    John

p.s. I forgot to point out that the mushroom is a "glue up" and is hollow inside and contains a spiral stairway from the floor to the roof. Also, the piece is 12 inches high and the stem? is the piece in front of Phil in his photograph.
    Last edited by Blinky Bill; 08-14-2016, 07:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Soggy
    replied
    That's beautiful work; tell Phil I'm jealous.....

Leave a comment:

• Dileon
    replied
    Beautiful fairy house....great work.

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    I have to wonder, just what did Phil do before he tried carving. He has an amazing gift to just jump in and go. I also think it is a great medium to start a carver in. Way to go John. That is one heck of a piece of bark, is it a composite of more that one piece?
    . . .JoeB

Leave a comment:

• Nomad
    replied
    Talk about a quick learner! Wow! Phil has a LOT of natural talent. Beautiful work!

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    That is one Beautiful piece of ART. Phil is a very Talented Man. Merle

Leave a comment:

• Dan Wegiel
    replied
    WONDERFUL!!! AMAZING!!! FANTASTIC DETAIL!!! Thanks for sharing.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Brian T
    replied
    Imagination, design concept and technical skill. Phil has arrived.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Ellis
    replied
    That is some very nice detail Phil has carved. And also some very thick bark. Thanks for posting this John.

Tom

Leave a comment:

• Magicman
    replied
    Phil does some great work, He should join here an start to teach some of us his methods for turning out such a fantastic piece.
    Larry

Leave a comment:

• Tinwood
    replied
    I agree with Bob K, Phil has Phound his calling. My wife is drooling on my shoulder wondering when I'm going to provide an addition to her gnome garden outside.

Tinwood

Leave a comment:

• Bob K.
    replied
    Phil's work is stunning! Incredibly detailed! In a very short time he has become a master! He really needs to join the forum!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X