SpiritWolfe's first carving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpiritWolfe's first carving

Nikki cared this rose and I was so impressed first because it is mine and it is beautiful and most importantly it was the first thing she ever carved. I am not sure about the wood she used but it is light weight which is good because it is a hair stick to hold up long hair.

My hair looks crappier than normal but the rose is beautiful.

Hi Stormy
    I think Nikki did a great job on her first carving
    Bruce

Comment

image.jpeg Thanks Stormynights
      It's made from linden wood or basswood.
      Here are some better pictures

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice, brilliant colors, good detail
        . . .JoeB

Comment

I'd like to also mention that this isn't from found wood. While we do have plenty of base wood where we live, this wasn't from any of that wood.
          Attached Files

Comment

Very, very nice!
            Terry

Comment

Found wood or not it's very nice.
              Joe

Comment

I know she does a lot of walking in the woods so I just thought it was found wood. I should have asked. My finger is lookinggood but it is really touchy. I hope to start on my found wood. I guess it counts if I found it in the rick of wood in my yard.

Comment

Beautifully done...nice detail and brilliant colors!
                  Keep On Carvin'
                  Bob K.

My Etsy page: https://www.etsy.com/shop/rwkwoodcarving

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/robert.kozakiewicz.9

My RWK Woodcarving Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rwkwood

My Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/rwkoz51/

Comment

This is my very favorite hair accessory. Thank you all for all of the compliments.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormynights View Post
                      This is my very favorite hair accessory. Thank you all for all of the compliments.
                      Is it really? That's very touching.
                      I walk a lot and find a lot of wood. Some wood is from the firewood since we get so much of it.. The last rose stick I did was from maple. That's the one I showed here at this site.
                      Your stick was made from basswood we bought in 1992 in a place called gasoline alley for about $12. It was a huge piece. A mini tree worth of wood but we do have a lot of native basswood here . The other day I grabbed 3 small pieces and a fair sized chunk.

Id actually really like to know what constitutes found wood ? Does finding it in the wood pile count?
                      Last edited by Spiritwolfe; 10-09-2016, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Nikki, if you want to see what I think of found wood, check the work of Nancy Tuttle. She sells a lot on eBay, and she also has her own site. I think she is one of the best , original artists on the planet. All of her work is from little found knots that she finds on hikes.
                        I don,t think your woodpile counts, since you already found it once.

Tom
                        If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Ellis View Post
                          Nikki, if you want to see what I think of found wood, check the work of Nancy Tuttle. She sells a lot on eBay, and she also has her own site. I think she is one of the best , original artists on the planet. All of her work is from little found knots that she finds on hikes.
                          I don,t think your woodpile counts, since you already found it once.

Tom
                          Thanks Tom. I will definitely have to check her work out. I'd like to do that type of carving. I find a lot of interesting prices of wood in all different shapes, sizes and types . It would add a different dimension to carving.

Comment

Excellent first carving. If this is the first, I can't imagine where she will go.

Comment

That rose pin is real nice .Spirtwolfe the picture you have above is that Basswood , I never saw any because they don't have anything like this in Louisiana .Also on a Basswood tree how much of the tree is good for carving .Here we have Tupelo but the best part of the tree is only about the bottom 4 or 5 feet. The rest of the tree is too hard to carve .
                              In God we trust everyone else pays cash
                              Rafton Lefort

Comment

Working...
                              X