No announcement yet.

Spirit Doll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, BobK for your nice compliment.

Comment

When we visited my sister in Albuquerque, we would walk around the among the street vendors and shops I have seen many of these, I would expect to see yours right among them, very true to style.

Comment

Love the earth tones and turquoise, wonderful carving.

Tinwood

Comment

Hi Kathy, It's been a long time since I saw one of your Dolls ed here, looks Great. Great Piece. Oh, by the way how's your Thumb doing after the run in with Rotary Tool ??? My Memory Scares me sometimes. Ha,Ha. Good seeing you ing again. Merle

Comment

Originally posted by sappy View Post
            When we visited my sister in Albuquerque, we would walk around the among the street vendors and shops I have seen many of these, I would expect to see yours right among them, very true to style.
            Hi sappy, what a huge compliment Thank you

Comment

Hi Tinwood my dolls tend to have bright colors...I just like them better. The Hopi and Navajo tend toward the washed colors using plant dyes. All though I have seen some colorful ones too by them. It's truly up to the carver isn't it. Thank you for your comment.
              Last edited by Carver Lady; 11-29-2016, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
                Hi Kathy, It's been a long time since I saw one of your Dolls ed here, looks Great. Great Piece. Oh, by the way how's your Thumb doing after the run in with Rotary Tool ??? My Memory Scares me sometimes. Ha,Ha. Good seeing you ing again. Merle
                HA, HA Merle your memory is almost correct it was my right index finger that had the run in with my Fordom burr... broke my finger. Rule...don't wear a carving glove while using your power carver. I was switching between my knife and the power just didn't take the time to remove the glove....lesson learned the hard way.
                I uploaded that Kachina for you.
                So glad to be back

Comment

Well done, CL! Very nice job; it is immediately recognizable. Please post pics of others as you finish them.
                  Arthur

Comment

Hi Arthur, thank you very much appreciated. I don't carve Spirit Dolls all the time...I go back in forth between cottonwood bark woodspirits, mountain men and little bark houses, woodburning and relief carving. Right now I'm getting re-acquainted with my carving knives creating a santa ornament.

Comment

You came back with a flurry This is an interesting carving, Do you living AR? The reason I ask, it would give you the opportunity to be able to study the dolls more. One way or the other, it is a great carving, that is painted great.
                      . . .JoeB

Comment

Originally posted by joepaulbutler View Post
                        You came back with a flurry This is an interesting carving, Do you living AR? The reason I ask, it would give you the opportunity to be able to study the dolls more. One way or the other, it is a great carving, that is painted great.
                        Hi JoeB...I'm so thrilled to be back at WCI Forums seeing some wonderful carvings. Yes, I live in NW Arizona about an 1 1/2 from Flagstaff. Yes again Kachina's are very numerous in my area also there are some books that are wonderful reference images. In Phoenix there is a wonderful museum called the Heard where one can spend the day just looking at Indian Artistry. Thank you, for your nice compliment.

Comment

It's really nice Kathy!
                          I'm hardly ever on here anymore and just happened to pass through here and saw you here with your new name!
                          My ETSY shop:
                          https://www.etsy.com/shop/WoodforddellDesigns

Comment

Sharon Hey girl so great to see you here..I just started carving again so thought I'd come back to WCI. BobD got my 'Mottles' username back for me.. Are you carving?.

Comment

Working...
                            X