Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynx Creek Charley

P1070345resize.jpg
    Prescott, Arizona Cottonwood found near my home along the creek bottom. Lynx Creek Charley (22 1/2" inches Tall x 4 1/2" inches Wide) was included in Woodcarving Illustrated Summer 2011 Issue 55 in the reader gallery page 12. It was such a honor to have been included in this issue. Thank you, WCI P1070343resize.jpg

The eyes.....they just penetrate right through you. Certainly deserved the exposure in WCI. Nicely done Mottles, thanks for posting.

Tinwood

Comment

Kathy, I can see why it was included, certainly worth another look
      . . .JoeB

Comment

Totally agree with Tinwood. Those eyes are awesome!
        Terry

Comment

Tinwood Thank you, I love to carve eyes....it wasn't always so...until I took a workshop with Mark Gargac. He taught me so much about carving eyes and the face in general.

Comment

joepaul Thank you, I was so thrilled when I got my WCI magazine and there it was Lynx Creek Charley.

Comment

Nomad Thank you, so glad you think the eyes are awesome. It will be interesting to see if I can still get the eyes right after not carving for almost three years. I need to go check my stash to see if I have any cottonwood bark...otherwise after Christmas I need to make a trip to the creek.
              Last edited by Mottles; 12-08-2016, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Hi Kathy, Good save on an Old Piece of Wood. Merle

Comment

Thank you, Merle...have a nice weekend.

Comment

Working...
                  X