No announcement yet.

Indian WIP Cottonwood Bark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Nomad, thank you for the nice comment.

Comment

Well, old 'Split Lip' is a wrap. Like so many times with cottonwood bark I like it before the final finish. I think it's to dark and to shiny I think next time I'm just going to use just clear lacquer

I used Deft Lacquer Spray Satin (carving back and front) letting dry between coats of three

50/50 Watco Neutral Satin Wax and Watco Meduim Walnut Satin Wax

Split Lip front resize.jpg

Comment

That's a nice finish, and not too dark at all. Some cottonwood bark really darkens much more than that.
        Joe

Comment

This is a carving that would look good no matter how you finished it. I know the bark I've gotten from Alaska really darkens up, much more than yours
          . . .JoeB

Comment

Hi Joe VM Thank you, I do enjoy cottonwood bark and it's challenging ways

Comment

Hi Joe, Thank you, for your nice compliment I'm waiting for a delivery of some cottonwood bark from British Columbia. I already have some sketches for it.

Comment

Hi Kathy, To knock off the Shine you might try a Lite Sanding , just a Thought. Still a Good Piece. Merle

Comment

Thank you, Merle it's growing on me so I think I'll just leave it the way it is. On the next one will try a different finish.

Comment

Working...
                  X