Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woodburner807
    replied
    Nice small carving and nothing beats "found" wood.

Leave a comment:

• Dileon
    replied
    Found wood is always an exciting adventure and it is a small piece, which means it was harder to do ....great work.

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    You should have never picked up that piece of bark, boy oh boy are you hocked now. Fine job, will be watching for the final.

Leave a comment:

• tbox61
    replied
    Originally posted by pallin View Post
    Very nice. Perhaps the front steps could continue diagonally down across the middle. There could also be an attic vent or window above the front door.
    Thanks for the suggestions! My creative director has OK'd a vent window in the 'eaves', and horizontal planking across the front!

I probably should have nixed the basement window and continued with the steps as you suggested!

Thanks for all of the kind words!

Leave a comment:

• pallin
    replied
    Very nice. Perhaps the front steps could continue diagonally down across the middle. There could also be an attic vent or window above the front door.

Leave a comment:

• Claude
    replied
    Nice carving! You have a good eye to see the house in that piece of bark laying on the ground!

Claude

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied
    Nice carving tbox61. I'm a bit jeallus. I miss those long walks. Old bones.

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Looks like an Old Piece of Bark is going to be enjoyed for Years to come . Good Job. Merle

Leave a comment:

• sappy
    replied
    I've been looking at bark, trying to 'see something' in it. I like what you've done with this rather small piece of bark!

Leave a comment:

• tbox61
    started a topic New bark carving

New bark carving

My wife and I have been on a mission to lose weight, and to that end, we walk 4.5 miles per day after work. On one of our walks a couple of weeks ago, this piece of cottonwood bark was on our path, and I picked it up anticipating being able to practice my new found love for carving bark houses!

At any rate, here is my creation. My creative director, (my wife), is still determining what we need to do with the front of the house...hope you enjoy!

As always, critiques are welcome!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tbox61; 08-11-2020, 11:54 AM.
Working...
X