No announcement yet.

Cottonwood Condo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always like the whimsical homes in bark and this one is certainly well done.

Comment

Wow, great Thing. It really makes my fantasy go round... Gnome, elves, other strange creatures... Can write many stories around this beautiful house.

Comment

Thanks to all for commenting! I got second place on this at our local fair...my good friend's caricature carving beat it out...He actually got Grand Champion, so I don't feel too bad!

Comment

You did an outstanding job!! I have a couple of pieces of cottonwood bark I would love to carve, but sadly I have little ability to imagine what might be in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Danibeth View Post
            You did an outstanding job!! I have a couple of pieces of cottonwood bark I would love to carve, but sadly I have little ability to imagine what might be in it.
            The best thing you could do is get Rick Jensen's book on carving bark. His tutorial and past projects have inspired me to 'get a little funky' when carving. I have another guy in our carving club that has told me to just start carving and see what happens. I have some bark at home that I was given and can do that on that bark...the bark I pay for I am a bit more careful with!

Comment

Working...
            X